Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: travel - Disney springs to from Contemporary?

travel - Disney springs to from Contemporary?

Question from a first trip planner for WDW. Our first day getting there we would like to spend it at Disney springs our plan is to not rent a car but utilize whatever local transportation available.
    After we check in (staying at the Contrmporary) on day one we want to spend the evening at Disney springs. Is there a shuttle or bus that we have to make reservations for? We are a party of six wasn't sure if cabs are easily obtainable. Thanks in advance! 32 more days!!!

2. # ADS

There are free Disney buses around the entire property. There should be one from your hotel to Disney Springs, I believe. It is just a bus stop, no reservations or tickets for the bus are required.

There may not be buses that do Disney Springs to/from the theme parks so as to avoid people parking at Disney Springs instead of theme park parking lots. (Presumably you are using the Magical Express to get from the airport to your hotel?)

I am sure others who are more intimately familiar with the bus details will chime in, but you should be OK without needing to spring for a cab.

Here's a generic link to the bus page that I found under amenities for the Contemporary.

-Dave

Oh yes. Free bus to Disney Springs. Just go to your bus pick up spot at the Contemporary and wait for the one that says Disney Springs. Coming back there will be signs to direct you which line to get in to go back to the Contemporary.

Make sure you give yourself adequate time to utilize the transportation. Never allow for less than 45 minutes to anywhere from the Contemporary unless it is to MK or one of the other MK resorts. I would estimate 30 minutes to Fort Wilderness & Epcot FW Depending on your walking speed add another 15 minutes to get to EPCOT WS. Definitely 45 - 60 minutes for traveling to DHS, AK, and DSPRINGS.

On a side note - as a 1st trip planner ask at check in for the time of the Electrical Water Pageant and definitely make time for this classic Disney free attraction that can be seen from several spots at your resort - best viewing spots would be the marina.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

travel - Disney springs to from Contrmporary?

Thank you all for the tips! I was wondering about shows. We hadn't even looked yet!! Just did some ADR's and fast passes.

Dinner shows or nightime entertainment at parks or live shows?

Remember - WDW is extremely large and even if staying on property for 2 weeks ypu still will not see/do it all. My best advice is to prioritize your must do's. Classic WDW items, things that are limited or unique to WDW, favorite characters/themes. Been 14 times and I still have barely scratched the surface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk