Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Resort properties

Resort properties

Just curiouse if you could choose which of the three disneyland resort hotels to stay at with your kids which one would it be? And why?

2. # ADS

Right now we'd choose the Disneyland Hotel. My son likes that pool, and we like the standard rooms there more than the other 2. Maybe when they're done with construction at the Grand Californian, we might change our mind. We just stayed there earlier this month, and it was noisy during the day.

2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Disneyland Hotel for the theming and the pool.

We have only ever stayed at the Paradise Pier because of price. Daughter loved their water slide there. Have no desire to stay at the Grand. When a friend of mine had stayed there, we went up to meet them at their room and I just didn't feel a "Disney" vibe from it at all. Would love to do the Disneyland Hotel one day though with my kids.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

We have stayed at all three with our kids and depending on the ages, all three are great. We did PP when the kids were 9 and 18(both boys) and that was good and have stayed at the GCH and DLH with our younger son(now 18) and he likes the GCH for it's accessibility but the DLH for the pools. I prefer DLH if it is a race weekend(we stayed there this month for the Light Side) but GCH if it is a park trip. The race weekends are more about the races for us and we actually only hit the park on the last day.

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

If only i could win the lottery to make those happen 😞

Ldyapxr, I hope all is well. I can't remember which side you said you lived on.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Ldyapxr, I hope all is well. I can't remember which side you said you lived on.
    Thanks Candles! We are actually in Marysville and evacuated on Sunday night to Richmond Marina. A dear friend of ours(one of our husky rescue group lady) had an empty condo and offered it to us and our five dogs. God Bless her and her husband because Sunday night we stayed in Rocklin but 2 room with 4 people and 5 dogs was not going to be feasible beyond a day or more. They have lifted mandatory evacuation but warn that with the weekend weather that may change too so we are just going to run home tomorrow and grab more things(we had no warning it was a text message and "You have 1hr" It took us almost 3hrs to get 34 miles. If they change their minds, we don't want to do that again. LOL Our older son was already out of town and my sister and her husband got out and so did my two nieces and their families but all of us are more than a little apprehensive about going back under "high alert, possible re-evacuation".

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Thanks for checking in. I knew the roads were going to be bad as soon as I heard the order. Especially coming out of Oroville, they are all 1 lane highways at many given points and when they widen to 2, it isn't much help.
    We attended a concert at the amphitheater before the bypass was built around Lincoln and it took us more than an hour to go 15 minutes on a normal traffic day.
    We dealt with that same kind of evacuation lift with the fire last summer. They could go home but needed to be able to drop and go again quickly if it turned. With 4 storms coming in and having someplace to stay, I think waiting out that lift is wise.

Ldyapxr, hoping for the best for you all up that way. I don't blame any of you for not being sure about going back. Especially with another storm coming. I told my husband last night if that was us, I'd go back in for things needed and back out again to be on the safe side. I hope you and everyone else stays safe.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

We've stayed at all three. PP is nice, LOVE the DLH, but probably never again for GC. Beds were so bad and excruciating that I wound up in pain and in tears and sleeping on the floor trying to get relief. My sister was the same way. Most miserable time at a hotel in my life. But again, LOVE LOVE LOVE the Disneyland Hotel...just havent been back in a few years because I can stay for a week across the street for what I can stay for one night.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I can stay for a week across the street for what I can stay for one night.
    that's how I feel too. I mean I look at the hotel as only a place I am spending minimal time at to sleep and shower, the rest of the time I am in the parks. I do plan on a resort stay one day but it will have to be when I spend about 5 days down there so I can get my moneys worth and just lounge and relax at the hotel for a day or two. Of course once the kids are grown up and moved out I plan on getting an AP and going down at the drop of a hat.

Im surprised the gc has such bad beds for the price

Blog Entries

Stayed in all 3, my preference is the DLH. Kids love the pools (kids range from grandkids 2-6, nieces/nephews 13-17, my kids 26-31.) When we go, we a go to relax, so we do spend time in the hotels, not just parks. When it is a trip we will just be doing parks, we stay at the Hilton.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I also prefer DLH. I've stayed at PPH for a race weekend twice, and it was great for the proximity to the starting/finish line, but for the price I am just as happy at a good neighbor hotel. If I am going to splurge on a resort property, the DLH is the most worth it. I feel like their standard rooms are larger than the average hotel. The pools are great for all ages, and the magic is just more apparent. I found the GCH hotel rooms to be incredibly small. We couldn't even put up a pac n play without completely blocking the path from one side of the room to another. Additionally, if you don't get a room near the lobby, the rooms can feel very far removed from the hotel. Our room was sooooo far away from the lobby that by the time we meandered through plain hallway after hallway, I didn't even feel like I was a part of the GCH anymore. The rooms weren't magical, so I essentially felt like I was staying at a hotel adjacent to the GCH, only it was costing me $500 a night. I might possibly stay there again if I could afford something with a view of the park, because then I feel like I would utilize the balcony, but overall I would choose DLH.

A dream in a wish your heart makes! Engaged at DL December 2008, honeymooned at DL December 2009, too many other trips to mention! Happiness is being and AP holder! Looking forward to the day my kiddo is old enough to enjoy the parks as much as I do

~Shelby