Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pop Century vs All Star?

Pop Century vs All Star?

Hello all,

I've been to WDW twice and stayed at Pop both times - had a great experience minus the bed bugs on this last trip. I will be traveling to Orlando for work at the beginning of November and am thinking about staying on a few days at WDW. I will be alone, and am wondering if paying the extra $20 a night for Pop vs the All Star resorts is worth it? I don't spend much time at the hotel, but would like efficient transport to the parks and am wondering if Pop is better? Also, how are the food courts at All Stars?

thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

For me the Pop is definitely the best of the values. I don't know if it's the room decor or the landscaping or something else. But the Pop has much more of a moderate feel, while the All Star Resorts are closer to the Motel 6 of WDW lodging.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I have stayed at both, Transportation is same for both. Also type of food offered at food courts is similar at both resorts. I prefer style of Pop Century. However if you are trying to save $20 a night I don't think you would be disappointed.

I've stayed at both and will be staying at All Star Music this summer. My brain fails me because it seems like Pop was very similar to All Stars. Maybe just slightly larger but I had all the same in room amenities. I do prefer Music for a similar reason to danyoung. Of the All Stars, to me, Music has the better look. The pools are so adorable! But I'm also a sucker for anything with Donald Duck.

Thank you all for your input!

Another reason I like Pop is that if the line for the Pop buses is ever too long, you can see if the Art of Animation bus has a shorter line. You can walk across the bridge between the two resorts. I did this the last time I stayed at Pop. There were a couple of evenings that bus lines for Pop were long and would have taken about 3 or 4 buses before I got on. I check out AoA and it was a one bus wait. Hopped over to that line, got off at AoA and walked over the bridge to my room.

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Another reason I like Pop is that if the line for the Pop buses is ever too long, you can see if the Art of Animation bus has a shorter line. You can walk across the bridge between the two resorts. I did this the last time I stayed at Pop. There were a couple of evenings that bus lines for Pop were long and would have taken about 3 or 4 buses before I got on. I check out AoA and it was a one bus wait. Hopped over to that line, got off at AoA and walked over the bridge to my room.
    When I started reading this I thought you were referring to the shuttle to the parks. Awful long walk to check out the line. By the end I realized you were referring to the return trip. I hadn't thought about this for my days at Pop, but will also have a few days at Boardwalk where I have even more choices for the return trip.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    When I started reading this I thought you were referring to the shuttle to the parks. Awful long walk to check out the line. By the end I realized you were referring to the return trip. I hadn't thought about this for my days at Pop, but will also have a few days at Boardwalk where I have even more choices for the return trip.
    Yea, I probably should have mentioned that this is for coming back to the hotel from the parks.

Do the All Star resorts share buses between the three locations, or are there dedicated buses?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisneyFanatic View Post
    Do the All Star resorts share buses between the three locations, or are there dedicated buses?
    In our stay this past weekend, they had dedicated buses for each location.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    In our stay this past weekend, they had dedicated buses for each location.
    thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisneyFanatic View Post
    During busy times (opening, closing) there will be individual buses. Mid-day, the buses are often shared, not sure if it's a rule or they base it on crowd levels. (we experienced this during our visit 2/24-3/5)
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    During busy times (opening, closing) there will be individual buses. Mid-day, the buses are often shared, not sure if it's a rule or they base it on crowd levels. (we experienced this during our visit 2/24-3/5)
    Thanks!