Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Tips for finding a last minute reservation at Be Our Guest?

Tips for finding a last minute reservation at Be Our Guest?

So our niece is coming with us to WDW on Princess Half Marathon weekend. Of course, after hearing about BOG, she wants to go. Been looking each day on the website to see if anything opens up, but so far no luck. If I could get just a reservation for 2 people, I would be able to send my niece and mother in law, since they have never been. Does anyone have any tips on finding a last minute reservation to BOG? I know it is also a bad weekend for the last second reservations since it is going to be crowded that weekend.

2. # ADS

Tips for finding a last minute reservation at BOG?

When I booked a fairly last minute trip I tried daily for about 10 weeks and an opening popped until about 8 days before we travelled so I think just keep trying. There is also an option on the Touring Plans website for e mailing you when a reservation becomes free. I think it's called ADR finder or something like that.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Having a small party. I never was able to get one for the 6 of us. Everything I have read said to try right at that cancellation window and keep trying.

Don't hold out for just Dinner. I was able to make relatively short notice reservations (probably within a few weeks - party of one - so could have also been table for 2) for both Breakfast and Lunch on my trip in early November 2015.

(I refer to the tables, but IIRC (and if it hasn't changed) for breakfast and lunch, the actual table is not assigned. I think Disney just allows a certain number of reservations and plays the statistics for people leaving soon enough that there won't be people unable to find a table once they have ordered their food.)

I am pretty sure the reservations I got were on weekdays, but they were near one of the big running events (forgive me for not remembering which one is in early November ). That was a somewhat crowded time, as it was overlap for the end of Food and Wine at EPC and the start of Christmas events (Osborne Lights (sadly discontinued) and MVMCP).

Good luck. Probably best advise is to just keep trying with the MDE app. There apparently are also occasional times when they may be able to support a walk-up, but it's not likely for a really crowded time. That can be the last chance effort on the days they are actually in the park though.

-Dave

I have been searching for breakfast, lunch or dinner and just for 2. I figured there would be a better chance for 2 rather than 6. Guess I will keep trying each day. Fingers crossed.

I also had a better chance on the computer than in the app. I kept getting error messages in the app when booking.

I'm not sure why I typed "app" (my goof, though theoretically they should be equivalent, but I guess experiences show they are not), but I generally use the web page to make plans on a PC as well. I guess "app" was shorter to type...

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    There is also an option on the Touring Plans website for e mailing you when a reservation becomes free. I think it's called ADR finder or something like that.
    It's called the Reservation Finder. You have to log in to the site, but you don't have to subscribe to use the tool. Go to touringplans.com to start. I've used it a couple of times and had great success with finding difficult reservations.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Well persistence paid off. Tried several times this morning and no luck. Then I needed to step back from my work for a sec and decided to check again. Boom, 1:45pm lunch reservation! Quickly booked it. So now have a lunch reservation for two. A majority of the battle has been won. So took care of my niece and mother in law. My wife and daughter have been before, but said if there was a way to increase reservations that they would go. So going to wait a few days and see if I can change the reservation from 2 to 4. If not, no sweat. Pretty happy that I was able to get a reservation. My niece will love it! She used to walk around in her Belle costume all day when she was younger.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Boom, 1:45pm lunch reservation! Quickly booked it. So now have a lunch reservation for two.

That's great! I loved the place. Amazing dcor, good food. I don't think you get a choice of where to sit, but the room with the portrait of the prince/Beast was amazing.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    That's great! I loved the place. Amazing dcor, good food. I don't think you get a choice of where to sit, but the room with the portrait of the prince/Beast was amazing.
    They are very understanding of people wandering around to see all the different decor, so as long as you try to not totally impede people serving food, clearing tables, etc., you should not have any issues walking around to see the rooms you are not actually sitting in for your meal.

I sat in the main room both times, but at least poked my head into the other two rooms, I think I even did a quick lap around the larger room on the right to see most of it.
    -Dave

The one time I have been before we sat in the Castle Gallery room. After our meal, we did go wonder around the other two rooms. Of course we stayed out of others ways as to not interrupt their meals.

Been checking daily on trying to make changes to the reservation from 2 to 4 people. Snagged a breakfast this morning for 4 people. Now wife and daughter can join my niece and mother in law.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Been checking daily on trying to make changes to the reservation from 2 to 4 people. Snagged a breakfast this morning for 4 people. Now wife and daughter can join my niece and mother in law.
    Great job! I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time. Please come back and tell us how they liked it.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...