Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DisneyQuest opinions?

Force is strong in this one

DisneyQuest opinions?

I've never been to DisneyQuest, and with it closing this year, I'm not sure if it's something I want to experience once, or if it's something I could have done without, like Stitch's Great Escape.

What are your opinions on DisneyQuest, the value, the entertainment, etc.?

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

This is what I wrote when we visited on our 2011 trip:

I really didn't have any idea what DisneyQuest was or what to expect. We went inside, looked at the maps somewhat and decided to start from the top and work our way down. We spent a couple of hours in there and had a lot of fun. Everything is included with admission, so I played some really old video games like Galaga, Rampage and Centipede/Millipede. They had lots of different video games - no tokens needed. I also played some skeeball and basketball and a few other games (like what you'd expect to find in an arcade or a Dave & Busters). They also had a number of virtual reality games, but we didn't do any of that. They also have small snack bars on every level so if you're hungry, you can take a break to grab a bite to eat. We had a good time, and it's great as an inclusion for annual passholders, but I don't think it would be worth actually buying a ticket for.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

DisneyQuest opinions?

Worthwhile if you have a 7 - 12 year old boy with you for sure my son loved it for a few years. It's never done anything for me but if you enjoy gaming I would say it's worth a visit.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

My son loved the virtual reality games they had there. There was a pirate adventure and I believe a jungle cruise type of VR games. They also had a bunch of the old arcade games like Pac Man, Asteroids, and Galaga just to name a few. We really enjoyed hanging out when we went. It was also during the summer, so it was a nice way to stay out of the sun for a while.

Force is strong in this one

Thanks everyone!

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Did you ever see the attraction that Disney was working on, and they showed you in a sort of Imagineer's Lab? It was a thing where you put on a headset and it put you into Agrabah, and you rode around on a magic carpet. They have that there, and it's really pretty cool. Also, as others have said, if you're into old games you can play to your heart's content. I don't go there often, but when I have I've always had fun.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

My inner 12 year old may have to check this out one day before it closes for good. I wouldn't mind a game or 2 of Q-Bert on an actual arcade machine!

-Dave

If you can, go when they have half ticket prices available. It's doable in a couple of hours and not worth the full price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCats View Post
    If you can, go when they have half ticket prices available. It's doable in a couple of hours and not worth the full price of admission.
    Thanks for the tip! In my limited review of the WDW site yesterday, ticketing/pricing seemed to not be easy to find. It just had the "theme park admission required" tag line on the DQ page I found.

I think I might have read somewhere on-line that there is an AP discount vs. standard admission?
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! In my limited review of the WDW site yesterday, ticketing/pricing seemed to not be easy to find. It just had the "theme park admission required" tag line on the DQ page I found.

I think I might have read somewhere on-line that there is an AP discount vs. standard admission?
    You know Dave, I can remember getting a discount with my FL Seasonal Pass. But I was just looking on the WDW Passholder site and couldn't find DQ listed. Hmmm??

Also here's my 2 cents worth on DQ.
    If you are a Gamer you will like DQ because of the old games you can play again. Let's face it, stand up arcades are few and far between. I enjoy this place the most when I am with others. Almost ALL games are co-op. Remember the best way to play is get active in the game. Yell out your commands during the Pirates game. Talk smack and set goals on the others. Try to set up yourself on the Daytona racing game without the other tourists and see who can win. Astroblasters is great fun with a partner, more so with a group. Take frequent breaks and grab a bite to eat or drink.

But.... gamers can also feel a little bored here. If you start thinking how you could be playing at home with your buddies online and taking down that boss, then yes, you will be a little bored. The VR games can feel very dated as well. So try to remember that you are stepping back into the past for some air conditioned, non-stressful fun.

Top Tip: You can leave DQ and eat somewhere else and go back in. They use to give you a handstamp back in the day so I don't know what they do now; if they just look at your receipt or use your MB.

My post was getting long so I just wanted to add this:
    I have a special place in my heart for DQ. I went there while dating my husb. Use to go with his parents and my brother and friends. We had so very much fun all playing together even though we were different ages. And we could do it rain or shine, eat together there or go outside.

I wish I had taken pictures of all of us while we were there.
    I know I'll go back to relax, play and enjoy my memories.

GnP

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We had a good time but we had alot more fun going to a water park. It all depends on families preferences.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

I remember on some old Disney parks program I watched on like travel channel that there was a sorta design your own roller coaster thing that you could then sit in a simulator and ride on; is that still there? Always thought that was a fun idea.

I'm pretty sure it's still there.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor