Thread: Disney Parks to raise admission prices Sunday, February 12

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Disney Parks to raise admission prices Sunday, February 12

Disney Parks to raise admission prices Sunday, February 12

Starting Sunday, the Disneyland Resort will raise prices on daily tickets and some annual passports. A price increase is also planned for Walt Disney World. Both resorts will maintain the seasonal pricing structure implemented a year ago, with the price of one-day tickets based on which of three seasons – Value, Regular and Peak – the ticket is used.

Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Suzi Brown tells MousePlanet in a written statement:
    "Our pricing provides guests a range of options that allow us to better manage demand to maximize the guest experience and is reflective of the distinctly Disney offerings at all of our parks."

One-day admission during peak season increases by $5, to $124 at the Disneyland Resort, and to $119 at three parks at Walt Disney World. One-day peak season admission to the Magic Kingdom theme park remains unchanged at $124. A full chart of the new Disneyland prices is available on MousePlanet. Full details of the new Walt Disney World prices were not available at press time.

At the Disneyland Resort, SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe annual passports increase by $10 or $20, but there is no change to the price of Signature, Signature Plus or Premier passports. Parking rates also increase on February 12.

Saturday, February 11 is the final day to purchase admission from at the pre-increase prices. February 11 is also the last date to purchase and activate a Disneyland Resort annual passport to take advantage of the Get 13 Months for the Price of 12 offer.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Rapidly getting priced out of going anymore 😡

The price increases aren't as drastic as years past. I'm starting to wonder how high they can jack up the parking prices. When I first got my annual passes just a few years ago it was only $12.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

After I read this breaking news this morning, I went to my local Disney Store to check the Deluxe Annual Passport "activate by" date, and the CM said that they were instructed to pull the APs off the shelf on Thursday (she didn't know why) and to not sell them again until Tuesday; I'm guessing to get the higher priced items in stock first...what a way to thwart those trying to beat the price increase!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Yeah i know its not a huge increase but over a hundred dollars just to get in, I love disneyland but its getting super hard to do anymore

About a 4% increase for ph. Not bad. Hate to see what they do when they open the star wars land. At that point I will probably start going to Hawaii more often.

"Yikes!"

If I had invested money in "Annual Passports" when I was young, I would be rich by now.

I am tempted to just blow out the mind set of "blockout days" and just buy one or two tickets per year for Saturdays (when the maximum number of entertain groups play on both DL and DCA). -- The swing bands on Main Street, and the rock bands in Tomorrowland.

I have been missing out on both for years, trying to save money via Annual Passports, and going to DL/DCA on Monday thru Friday spans.
    Now, what is my motivation to not go on Saturdays?
    "It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

Did the "Preferred Parking" go up also? The last few times I have gone to the parks the preferred areas were mostly empty - just a few cars in them. Maybe they need to scale back the number of preferred spots?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowsefan View Post
    Did the "Preferred Parking" go up also? The last few times I have gone to the parks the preferred areas were mostly empty - just a few cars in them. Maybe they need to scale back the number of preferred spots?
    Not as of this morning. It's still $35

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by potzbie View Post
    ...I am tempted to just blow out the mind set of "blockout days" and just buy one or two tickets per year for Saturdays (when the maximum number of entertain groups play on both DL and DCA). -- The swing bands on Main Street, and the rock bands in Tomorrowland.

I have been missing out on both for years, trying to save money via Annual Passports, and going to DL/DCA on Monday thru Friday spans.
    Now, what is my motivation to not go on Saturdays?
    Well, the rock bands haven't been at TLT for a while now, but, if it's any comfort to you, sometimes they do play at the main stage in DtD. So you could still see some of the bands there (and some swing bands, too) without paying for admission to the parks.

The park admission is still very, very economical. It's like my Dad said to me while touring the parks...."What do you think their electric bill is for the day" and "How much would you pay to go into the Haunted Mansion?" 5 bucks...no problem. Fantastic? 20 bucks? No problem. Indiana Jones ? 8 bucks? No problem. I would pay 20 bucks to hear the piano players by Coca Cola Corner. Now start adding that up.

The problem is the food and souvenirs. That is where they get you. And THAT is where they make money. And the time. The time to actually GO to the parks. Our society is turning more into a restaurants and entertainment as a special treat and that really isn't so bad. We are certainly an over-entertained society at this point. They do have to price people out if the crowds are unmanageable. I shudder to think what the crowds will be like during STARS WARS first year.....yeeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    I shudder to think what the crowds will be like during STARS WARS first year.....yeeesh.
    Right? We were at DL the day Carsland opened. (Had party tickets, otherwise we would have been no where near DL that day). As we were waiting in the 90 minute Matterhorn line (reopening after the major refurb), we overheard a couple of CMs talking about the lines at DCA. There was a 3 hour line for RSR AND a 2 hour line just to enter Carsland as the area was at capacity. I am basing my thoughts on these crowds and numbers.
    I'm thinking the crowding for SWL will be more than 1 year though. RSR continued for a couple of years. It still has long lines.

Indiana Jones was purported to be a 4 hour wait on opening day. I was there.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Right? We were at DL the day Carsland opened. (Had party tickets, otherwise we would have been no where near DL that day). As we were waiting in the 90 minute Matterhorn line (reopening after the major refurb), we overheard a couple of CMs talking about the lines at DCA. There was a 3 hour line for RSR AND a 2 hour line just to enter Carsland as the area was at capacity. I am basing my thoughts on these crowds and numbers.
    I'm thinking the crowding for SWL will be more than 1 year though. RSR continued for a couple of years. It still has long lines.
    I was at DCA opening day since they had a merchandise event to go with the day. I checked the wait time around 5 or 6pm - and it was 6 hours for RSR. Incredible - but people wanted to see it.

It may be that they will have to come up with a strategy for controlling entry to the land - similar to WWHP at Universal (essentially a fastpass just to get into the land).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Saturday, February 11 is the final day to purchase admission from at the pre-increase prices. February 11 is also the last date to purchase and activate a Disneyland Resort annual passport to take advantage of the Get 13 Months for the Price of 12 offer.
    I read elsewhere that the option is still available until Nov 17th. The implication was not separated between purchase or renewal. Do you have any confirmation as to whether it was extended?
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I read elsewhere that the option is still available until Nov 17th. The implication was not separated between purchase or renewal. Do you have any confirmation as to whether it was extended?
    Miceage posted that in their price update, but it's not correct. Previously when you went to the Disneyland AP purchase page it said you could get 13 months for the price of 12. It does not say that anywhere now. However, for those of us who already purchased the APs we have until November 17 to activate them and get the 13 months. But Disney had already confirmed that. We have our vouchers already and they say good for 13 months on them.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Elsewhere was wrong. The 13-month offer is only for renewals made through November 17th. New purchases had to be made and activated by Saturday. The offer has been removed from the Disneyland website.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Miceage posted that in their price update, but it's not correct. Previously when you went to the Disneyland AP purchase page it said you could get 13 months for the price of 12. It does not say that anywhere now. However, for those of us who already purchased the APs we have until November 17 to activate them and get the 13 months. But Disney had already confirmed that. We have our vouchers already and they say good for 13 months on them.
    Elsewhere was wrong. The 13-month offer is only for renewals made through November 17th. New purchases had to be made and activated by Saturday. The offer has been removed from the Disneyland website.
    its why I asked

Mouseplanet keeps saying they have to be activated by February 11, but Disney has confirmed otherwise. My voucher says right on it that it is valid for 13 months.

I was there opening week. The queue went through switchbacks all through Adventureland, around the hub, and into more switchbacks in Frontierland. I got in line in Frontierland and waited about 3 hours. I'd never do that normally, but this was my only chance to see the new attraction. Well worth the wait back then, but I'd never do it now.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Right? I remember waiting 3 hours for Space Mountain. It was the day after I turned 8, and it had been open for 2 years at that point. I also remember not riding Splash the first time it was there, because even as a teenager I didn't want to wait 2 hours to ride it.

We were there too. We timed our wait at 6 hours.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Wait...my AP expires on 11/12/17 (I'd activated it just before this offer came out); if I renew online during the renewal window prior to that day will I be offered the 13-month deal at that time? I thought I was out-of-luck altogether...
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Wait...my AP expires on 11/12/17 (I'd activated it just before this offer came out); if I renew online during the renewal window prior to that day will I be offered the 13-month deal at that time? I thought I was out-of-luck altogether...
    I just found the answer in the other thread...I totally missed that when the news broke back then!
    Pam

We renewed last November, too, just before this deal was announced. When I called the AP Hotline to ask about it, the CM said that as long as we renewed this year within our 40 day window and renewed before 11/17, we would still get the deal. So you should be fine.