Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: May the 4th Crowd Levels - Star Wars

May the 4th Crowd Levels - Star Wars

So what kind of impact has May the 4th be with you day had on the park's crowd levels in the past?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

No one has info on the May the 4th be with you?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

It might make a little bit of difference on a weekend day, but with it being Thursday this year, it's not that big a deal. People don't necessarily go to Disneyland on that day - they do their own Star Wars thing wherever they are. The past few years, Disneyland has released a t-shirt and a pin with May the 4th be with you and Return of the 5th. That's it. It's not a holiday or major event.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    It might make a little bit of difference on a weekend day, but with it being Thursday this year, it's not that big a deal. People don't necessarily go to Disneyland on that day - they do their own Star Wars thing wherever they are. The past few years, Disneyland has released a t-shirt and a pin with May the 4th be with you and Return of the 5th. That's it. It's not a holiday or major event.
    Thanks

Where I'd Rather Be!!

Any reason to go to Disneyland is a great reason😎!!

Quote Originally Posted by mousemom View Post
    Any reason to go to Disneyland is a great reason😎!!
    How high do you have to be to ride?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was there two years ago before Season of the Force and you literally couldn't walk in Tomorrowland after 3pm. They had a photo backdrop and the line filled the area outside Little Green Store Command to the overhead track and back up the ramp to Tomorrowland Terrace. The stormtroopers came out a few times by Star Traders and the fountain and they would get swarmed. The exclusive shirts and pins were at LGSC, but they also released a ton of new products that day at Star Traders and it was crazy. There was also quite a bit of people there pre-celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Frontierland where they had special food at Rancho del Zocalo. It was a week day, the 60th hadn't started yet, so no Paint the Night or fireworks. I wouldn't do it again if I could avoid it. I guess if I knew I was going to be there that day, just avoiding Tomorrowland would avoid most of the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I was there two years ago before Season of the Force and you literally couldn't walk in Tomorrowland after 3pm. They had a photo backdrop and the line filled the area outside Little Green Store Command to the overhead track and back up the ramp to Tomorrowland Terrace. The stormtroopers came out a few times by Star Traders and the fountain and they would get swarmed. The exclusive shirts and pins were at LGSC, but they also released a ton of new products that day at Star Traders and it was crazy. There was also quite a bit of people there pre-celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Frontierland where they had special food at Rancho del Zocalo. It was a week day, the 60th hadn't started yet, so no Paint the Night or fireworks. I wouldn't do it again if I could avoid it. I guess if I knew I was going to be there that day, just avoiding Tomorrowland would avoid most of the crowds.
    We are big star wars fans so we would like to see some of the stuff but sounds like do it early and then stay away which is not a bad plan at all

Hint: If you want the pins but are there after May 4th, try checking the small pin kiosk in Downtown Disney (by the monorail). They often have collectible pins long after all the in-park stores sell out.

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!