Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy [Tower opening date?]

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    I read reports that there were soft openings yesterday of some of the shows for Summer of Heroes including the new Avengers Training Initiative and Black Widow.
    Videos of the Training Initiative show are already popping up on YouTube. I watched some of them, and holy smokes, it looks terrible. Maybe there's some refinements to come in the days ahead, but what they rolled out initially is pretty painful to watch.

2. # ADS

MP has a video of it on Facebook.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameslee17 View Post
    Videos of the Training Initiative show are already popping up on YouTube. I watched some of them, and holy smokes, it looks terrible. Maybe there's some refinements to come in the days ahead, but what they rolled out initially is pretty painful to watch.
    I saw some of it while we were hanging out in the area waiting for something else. It looks a lot like the Jedi Training Academy. The kids participating seemed to enjoy it.
    Within the valley of shadowless death; they pray for thunderclouds and rain
    But to the multitude who stand in the rain; heaven is where the sun shines.

Dinner at Pez Cantina - March 4, 2017
    Sometimes, "be the better person" is code for "be a doormat".
    "Would it help?"

We rode GOTG twice on Tuesday. And it is hands down better than TOT! From the new GOTG theme, the six different ride sequences, more random drops and the excellent music. It is one of my favorite rides at either WDW or DL/DCA!! I know it won't happen, but I wish they would change the one in WDW to this version. It is that great!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17
    Chris

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Two huge thumbs up...LOVED IT!!! Arrived at the park around 8:20am on Sunday; when they let us in at 8:30, they had two lines going...standby to the left of the Hollywood Land entrance & Fastpass to the right...and CMs with signs to mark them both. The line kept moving until we stopped in a backstage area behind the Animation buding at 8:45. We started moving again at 9:00 and had FPs 10 minutes later to return at 12.05...not bad! Our song was "Burnin' Love"...can't wait to experience all of them someday soon!!!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

Where I'd Rather Be!!

How often do they change the songs? We'd love to experience a few of them in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by mousemom View Post
    How often do they change the songs? We'd love to experience a few of them in the same day.
    I assume it's randomized, like the sequences at Star Tours.
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

Blog Entries

They are randomized. I've had all but 2 (Free Ride and Hit me with your best shot.). My fav is give up the funk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Two huge thumbs up...LOVED IT!!! Arrived at the park around 8:20am on Sunday; when they let us in at 8:30, they had two lines going...standby to the left of the Hollywood Land entrance & Fastpass to the right...and CMs with signs to mark them both. The line kept moving until we stopped in a backstage area behind the Animation buding at 8:45. We started moving again at 9:00 and had FPs 10 minutes later to return at 12.05...not bad! Our song was "Burnin' Love"...can't wait to experience all of them someday soon!!!
    So it took you 30 minutes to get Fastpass tickets? What have the wait times been for other people?

We were there Monday morning and it took us about 25-30 minutes to get through the line for FP tickets, too.

My husband and I took my best friend from CT to Disney, and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed it more than ToT. I was skeptical before riding it, but I think it was amazing and I honestly think it's a worthy replacement for ToT.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have not been on the attraction yet (and won't be able to ride the elevator) but I always thought that the attraction on it's in would be unique - and now it's good. It's just that darn facade on the outside that I still can't accept based on things around it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    So it took you 30 minutes to get Fastpass tickets? What have the wait times been for other people?
    We were in the FP line for 30mins before it began to move at park opening, then it only took 10mins to get the actual tickets.
    Pam