Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best "offsite" hotel for someone who wants to stay onsite?

Best "offsite" hotel for someone who wants to stay onsite?

We just got news that my in laws and niece are going to surprise our kids and meet us in WDW at the end of February. They took a look at the WDW hotels and it looks like all the value and moderate resorts are sold out due to the Princess Half Marathon. So they are now looking at staying in hotel row near Disney Springs or somewhere close by. Any suggestions on any of those hotels? I don't really know much about any of those. Their biggest requirement is to have decent transportation to and from the parks.

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We just stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista -- it is across the street from Disney Springs -- beautiful hotel, and 24-hour food mart. It was clean and the staff was really nice. The only issue we had was transport in the morning. It stops at 4 hotels -- luckily, we were the first, but it can take 30-40 minutes to get to the resort (there was a bus for MK/DHS and a bus for AK/Epcot). In the afternoon, we would take the Disney Springs shuttle back from the parks (after 4 it works one-way) -- and just walk through to the pedestrian overcross near Once Upon a Toy).

Again, if you stay at that hotel, you get on the bus first, and we always got a seat. We never took the bus back to the hotel.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

For what it's worth, I stayed at the Hilton years ago for a conference. It was a very nice hotel and you can walk across the street to Disney Springs. I would have no problem staying there again.

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    We just stayed at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista -- it is across the street from Disney Springs -- beautiful hotel.
    Ive been here before and also found it to be real nice with a great location. I would stay there again for sure. Though, I think the rooms are a bit on the smaller side.

One thing though... my standard advice is that if you are going to stay on site - rent a car. I know this one has a shuttle and Niwel gives it a good review, but if you think you are going to need more flexibility, or will want to go back and forth to the hotel during the day, you should consider a car. Count that cost as well as parking and any parking fees into the resort as well.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Ive been here before and also found it to be real nice with a great location. I would stay there again for sure. Though, I think the rooms are a bit on the smaller side.
    Just to note: we were in a room with two queens. The room was not as large as what we were used to at POFQ, but they did accommodate us when we asked for TWO bedrails for my daughter -- her first time in a big-girl bed.

My father was in a large suite. We were on the 9th floor (which is the floor with the club lounge).
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Thanks all. My in laws will have a rental car. I will pass along the suggestions.