Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Desert Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    This is what I do in order to get the cheaper rates; I have no issue with them calling to confirm the credit card as long as they do it BEFORE I LEAVE FOR THE AIRPORT ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL!!! I thought they were just trying to get more money out of a same-day reservation by canceling mine that had a cheaper rate. They had NO trouble whatsoever charging me 48hours before a reservation in April, even though I called 51hours before check-in to cancel! Same thing...reservation had been made MONTHS in advance; thankfully, my nightly rate was only $79 so it wasn't TOO high a penalty.
    I would have called my Credit Card company to have that reversed.

I also usually email and call. That way I have a record.

One time we made reservations for another hotel on booking.com. A few months later the rate dropped and I booked another room at the same place and cancelled the original one through booking.com. When I got to the hotel he said we had two rooms under two different reservation numbers. I showed him the booking.com cancelation email I found on my phone and he reversed it no questions asked. I really prefer electronic paper trails over phone calls....
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Bedbug complaints. Honestly I think a vast majority of complaints are people who just didn't get their way over something and they hollar bedbugs. I read their other reviews, if all they ever do is complain, I don't give them much credence.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Bedbug complaints. Honestly I think a vast majority of complaints are people who just didn't get their way over something and they hollar bedbugs. I read their other reviews, if all they ever do is complain, I don't give them much credence.
    Si
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Has anyone tried staying here with two vehicles? I'm looking at one of the suites for our Halloween party trip, and I notice it says "1 car per room or suite" but it's impossible for us to all get there in 1 vehicle.

Yes. I emailed them ahead of time because our situation was unique. The ex was there with the kids for a week, we were at first going to trade off and she would leave and I would then have a week with them (we split the cost of APs) She had a parlor suite, and I was just going to take over the room for week 2, and we would split the cost. She decided to stay a few extra days (we get along, no big deal), but that put us in a 2 car situation. They just charged me the daily rate (I think it was $17), and we had no problems.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Thanks IdahoMike!