Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Alcohol now being served in Magic Kingdom

Alcohol now being served in Magic Kingdom

I've read reports that state MK will start serving adult beverages at some additional restaurants, including:

Tony's
    Liberty Tree
    Skipper Canteen
    Cinderella's

Yes, I have a link but wasn't sure of the rules involved from other websites, so didn't post, but can if that's okay. To be honest it shouldn't be to hard to find if you peruse other sites -
    Nope, don't know if it means beer & wine only, or beer, wine & booze.
    I'm assuming it it just in the restaurants, not to be able to walk around with but I could be wrong.

I don't know how I feel about this - it never bothered me that we couldn't get a drink in MK. However, if I am at a sit-down there I would most likely order something with dinner.

Supposed to start next week (week of Dec. 19th), according to what I read.

2. # ADS

I am of the same feeling - can live with or without it, but if it's there I might be persuaded to sample something. I do look forward to sampling some of the goodies along the World Showcase but I will not be attempting to "drink around the world". That would be too much for me.

Hopefully it means that there have been no problems as a result of Be Our Guest starting it during dinner hours back when it opened.

I've not been to BOG for dinner yet, but that did continue, right? when I did a quick web search to try to find out about this new change, I found a lot relating to the BOG opening with alcohol available.

I'd agree that it would be preferable if it's just at the restaurants themselves, i.e., no walking around.

-Dave

From my reading it looks like it's beer and wine only and a 2 drink max.

The Orlando Sentinel wrote an article about it on Friday.

It's beer and wine only. Alcohol will not be allowed to be taken out of the restaurants.

Ericles, if you're not sure about something related to WDW news, it's always worth a look at the Sentinel.

Shame on Disney. This makes me sad.

Let's hope there is a 2 drink limit.

I live with someone who does not have any control over how much he drinks.

This is the case with many drinkers.

Walt was not a teetotaler, but he did not want alcohol served in Disneyland.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mumumouse55 View Post
    Shame on Disney. This makes me sad.

Let's hope there is a 2 drink limit.

I live with someone who does not have any control over how much he drinks.

This is the case with many drinkers.

Walt was not a teetotaler, but he did not want alcohol served in Disneyland.
    Shame? Really? Alcohol is served in a lot of places. Not sure why Magic Kingdom should be different, especially since there are plenty of places in Epcot that serve alcohol.

I'm sorry that you have to personally deal with someone who has issues with alcohol, and while that is a problem that some people have, the availability of alcohol is something that's pretty much everywhere in the world, not just in a Disney park.

Walt might not have wanted alcohol in Disneyland in 1955, but there's no way to know what he would have thought about it now.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

It's much more readily available in every other WDW park than it'll be in MK. With the exception of some antics in Epcot during F&W (which are very few considering the length and history of this event) inappropriate and rude behavior is not limited to those who engage in an occasional alcoholic beverage. I've encountered as many rude guests in a dry MK as I have in any park that serves alcohol.

Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

While I did not partake of the adult beverages available at Skipper Canteen, I must say that it is now my new favourite table serve restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. I love the decor, ambience and the schtick! The food was very well done also. I had cachapas for an appetizer - wow they were excellent. Then I had the noodle bowl with duck, which was very good, but could have used a little more duck.