Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Confirmation package

Unhappy Confirmation package

I recently booked a trip to WDW through a local travel agent. I made reservations for 5 nights at the Poly with the DreamMaker + Silver Package.

I've heard that if you book through Disney direct that you are sent a confirmation package. I don't believe that I'll get one since I booked through a travel agent. Does anyone know what typically comes in the confirmation package? Are there any vouchers or other information that I'll miss out if I don't get a confirmation package.

BTW. This is our first "family vacation" to WDW. Our little girl will be turning 4 right before we go and I just want to make sure I do due diligence in my planning.

Thanks all.

2. # ADS

Last year..

You got a funny looking yellow box envelope with red accents addressed to you. You opened it, and on Disney stationary your resort and all was described on a two-page fold out spread and about a week before that came, you got a simple letter in a yellow envelope with all your confirmation numbers and such.

You're not missing a whole lot, unless you really wanted to see your name (Bob for example purposes) stuch in phrases such as "Bob's vacation" and "Bob's family will enjoy" and "Bob, you indicated you might be interested in..."

You can always goto the Disney website and order the vacation planning package - and if you're going with a group of people, consider downloading and using the Magical Gathers software to compare interest and poll people to see how thy feel about certain food places and such.

Loric, thanks for the response.... I figured that was probably the case with the confirmation packages. I just wanted someone who has received one to verify this for me.

I've seen in that the Silver package comes with vouchers that give preferred viewing for several attractions, e.g. fireworks. Are these vouchers obtained during checkin?

I believe that reservations have to be made to use them and that only a limited number of spaces are available. Should reservations be made before arriving to WDW or can it be handled by using the guest services counter in the resort?

BTW, one more question for anyone out there that has used the Silver Package, if I'm going to use some of the package wishes for a meal that recommends PS, do I still have to give a credit card when making the PS or is there something else I have to provide if making a PS when using the package?

With the silver plan, the viewing vouchers are sent with your final documents, and look the same as the hotel, transfer, or car vouchers. There is a number to call for reservations for the viewings, as there is a limit to how many people the areas can comfortably hold. Each person has their own voucher, and you will be given a confirmation number for the viewing res. Your names will be on a list, and you must turn in the vouchers when you arrive at the viewing spot so have them with you.

If you can't decide when you'll be at each park (I doubt that, seems only planners use this site!) guest services at your hotel can try, but only for the open spots.

You will need a credit card to make the dining res for some venues and not others, just as you would with no meal plan, but tell the res agent you plan to use your wish feature and they'll make a note of it. I always tell my server when we order our meal too.

The confimation package really isn't much, just a personalized form letter, a flyer for Cirque du Soliel, and small booklet of Disney travel info (like hotel check in times, dining res info, other things to do besides the four parks, handicap info, that kind of stuff), and if you've used a travel agent and this web site you know everything that's in it anyway. No coupons or goodies.

The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.

pixiedust, thanks for the response to my questions about the confirmation package.

In your response you said that the viewing vouchers are sent with the final documents. Typically, when are the final douments sent? Is this something that is sent after making the final payment for the vacation booking?

Yes, usually about three or four weeks ahead they will be mailed to your travel agent. Allow time for the mail, and for your agent to reveiw them for accuracy (you'd be suprised, mistakes happen), and "doctor" them up, if he/she does that.

For my clients "doctoring up" consists of a printout of their dining reservations, park hours, tip sheets on closed rides, etc., or anything else I think they may need. Some clients go so often that I just hand them the packet, I know they've done all the extras themselves.

The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.

AAA confirmation

In 2001, we went through AAA travelling here in California. The travel agent planned everything for us, except for dining reservations and recreation. About a week before we left, we went into the agent and got a box full of stuff, including four disney beanie babies, flight tickets, vouchers for seating, and a voucher for seating at the AAA tourist center, which was supposed to be in the Magic Kingdom by the Carousel of Progress, and was always closed.

In 2002, we booked everything ourselves, and just got the vouchers that came with the package and the flight information. That, of course, was before they changed the plans to the "silver plan", "gold plan" and all the other new ones.