Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Off property guests

Off property guests

Hello all,

Can guests staying off property ride a Disney bus to a resort hotel? I am going to Orlando for a work conference and am extending my trip for vacation. I will be taking an Uber from my conference hotel to Pop Century. My co-workers want to go to WDW one day with me, so ideally they would take the uber with me to Pop (let me drop off my stuff) and then we would all take a bus to Epcot.

This is doable, correct?

thanks!

2. # ADS

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

Yes it will be ok, they do not check if you are a guest

Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

I have never, ever experienced anyone being asked to prove they are a guest getting on the buses at the Springs, a Park or a Resort. That being said I'm sure someone may pop up with the "but you ARE supposed to be a guest" to ride the bus, however I feel 100% confident that your coworkers will have no problem.
    Have fun on your trip!

Just another confirmation that you'll be fine. It always bothers me when Disney promotes Disney transportation as being one of the perks of staying in a Disney hotel. But anyone can use the Disney transportation - they never EVER check ID or room key or anything.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I thought that Disney might make the buses actually exclusive to hotel guests (or at least guests with Magic Bands) when the Magic Bands first came out, since they could either just require a visual check or, if they wanted to, install tap stations that checked if you had a valid reservation. They didn't then and it seems less likely that they will now, though as someone else pointed out, "you ARE supposed to be a guest" which means that they could change their policy at any time. it just seems unlikely that they would at this point without at least a little advanced notice. I am more inclined to think that the Disney Skyliner will be exclusive to hotel guests - at least to start - but since that's in the building stage it's really too early to fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    .......... I am more inclined to think that the Disney Skyliner will be exclusive to hotel guests - at least to start - but since that's in the building stage it's really too early to fuss.
    The Skyliner might make sense to have MB readers, since it's queuing will likely be very similar to an in-park ride. I can imagine that being a nightmare if ever implemented on buses though.
    -Dave

thank you all, this helps alleviate my worry!