Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Come cheer with Team MousePlanet at the 2017 Star Wars Half Marathon

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Come cheer with Team MousePlanet at the 2017 Star Wars Half Marathon

Team MousePlanet will be back with another Cheer Station at a Disneyland Resort runDisney event, and we're looking for some volunteers to join the Light Side and help us in our efforts to support the rebel runners.

We need 3-5 people to show up at Disney-dark-hundred to help set up the tent, put out signs, hand out the Red Vines and cheer their hearts out. The more the merrier!

Ken and Teresa have led this station in past years, and have a pretty good idea of where to set up. We'll post details a bit closer to the race, but we're usually as close to the 1/2 way point as possible.

Update:

We're going to set up near the Shell station at the corner of Harbor Blvd. and Garden Grove Blvd. This is just past the 1/2 way point of the race. Vehicle access and parking are pretty good in the Shell / Subway lot. Westbound Garden Grove Blvd closes at 5:15 a.m., so you'll need to be in place by 5:00 a.m. IF you want to park your car in the same parking lot. HOWEVER, Eastbound Garden Grove Blvd. doesn't close at all, and there's lots of parking available in the Staples / Carl's Jr. complex right across Garden Grove Blvd.

Here's the course map - we're at the corner between 6 and 7.

Note that Southbound Harbor closes as early as 4:15 a.m. in spots, so if you're coming from the Disneyland Resort area, take Southbound West street to Eastbound Garden Grove Blvd.

Here's the Road Closure map, so you won't be taken by surprise.

We need to be ready to roll by 6:00 a.m., when the first wheelchair athletes and lead runners fly by. We're usually done by 8:00 - 8:30 a.m., depending on the sweep schedule.

MousePlanet will provide everything for the runners. All you need to bring is yourself and a great attitude, but we also welcome any creative cheer signs you may want to bring along. Please let us know if you're interested, and we hope to see you out there.

Last edited by AVP; 01-13-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Do you still need help? We are running all three(my 18yr old and I) but my husband is only running the 5k with me and he might be interested in helping out! He's quite used to 0 dark thirty hours. LOL Not a runner but a great cheer-er!

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

Headless Chicken

We absolutely still need help!

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Headless Chicken

We will be outside the Shell station on the corner of Harbor and Garden Grove Blvd. We will be there by 5am (Ken and I will possibly be there by 4:30'ish). We would love any help, if folks would like to join us! We will have a blue canopy.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.