Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DCA Festival of Holidays Entertainment

DCA Festival of Holidays Entertainment

Lots of cool new entertainment options in DCA this year. I got a chance to experience some of them yesterday. Here's the line-up:

Santa's Holiday Visit in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail-This includes Chip and Dale in the holiday finest, a cute scavenger hunt, and lots of really nicely themed decorations. I really enjoyed how they transformed the area.

Holiday Toy Drummers- I didn't see this one.

Stilt Circus- Saw them from afar- pretty cool!

Viva Navidad- Still an awesome show, no obvious changes from last year.

Mostly Kosher- A really fun performing group.

Princess Elena's Musical Grand Arrival- This was fun. They have a new parade float that she comes out on, along with her "magical friend" Skylar. The little kids were really excited to see Elena. The specific performance I saw was having some microphone issues, and Elena's voice honestly didn't sound great. Hoping it was just because of the mike. This happens right at the front of the Paradise Garden entrance next to Goofy's Sky School.

Some other musical groups:
    Blue13 Dance Company (Bollywood Dancing)
    Mariachi Divas (everyone's Faves!)
    Raise (A cappella R&B group)

I really loved how diverse the offerings were. DCA is clearly embracing a really broad definition of the holidays, which is wonderful.

Finally there is a new World of Color: Season of Light. This show is based on the older Christmas themed animated shorts (If you are a 90s kid like me, or the parent of one, you may fondly remember these). They really play with the fountains nicely. I liked this new show a lot- lots of unusual movies and characters were shown, there wasn't a "Let it Go" section, and the final movement- Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me, had many adults in the audience in tears.

I was standing in a new place for me- in the yellow front section closer to the Golden Zephyr. Usually I get misted a bit in that front section, but it felt like we got really wet in this show. I'm not sure if that feeling was because of the breeze yesterday, the fact that it was hot in the day but cold in the night, so people weren't dressed warmly, or if there is actually something about how the fountains are making it wetter. I'll definitely avoid standing in that area in the future.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

with the new we lose some of the old - no Bell Ringers on BVS this year.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I got a chance to see Raise and Mostly Kosher's full sets, and they were really excellent. I highly recommend grabbing an adult beverage and enjoying the shows. I just hope they work out some of the audio issues they were having on opening weekend with both groups...

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Blog Entries

So the bell ringers were performing at KOST FMs private party tonight. So I hope that means they will be at DCA regular hours soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Speaking of decor, I really love the new decorations for grizzley area. Very clever mason jars with lights that flicker. They look like jars filled with fireflies
    Now all we need is snow machines in the area that turn on occasionally

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    So the bell ringers were performing at KOST FMs private party tonight. So I hope that means they will be at DCA regular hours soon.

I spoke with them, and also confirmed with a Disney manager. The bell ringers are not part of the lineup this year. They were a "Limited Time Magic" offering for the KOST party.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    I spoke with them, and also confirmed with a Disney manager. The bell ringers are not part of the lineup this year. They were a "Limited Time Magic" offering for the KOST party.

AVP
    Boooo

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post

AVP
    Very disappointing
    "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Agree. We love the bell ringers and were looking forward to seeing them this year.