Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Pirates 50th - March 18, 2017. Refurb and/or Changes

Pirates 50th - March 18, 2017. Refurb and/or Changes

On my recent trip, a Pirates cast member and I had a nice conversation and he hinted to me that the attraction would have a refurb and be spruced up for its 50th anniversary on March 18, 2017. The cast member did not if there would be a special event or merchandise.
    Anyone have any info on a refurb or changes or anything about the Pirates 50th?

Thanks

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah- I would expect something more than just buttons - and the 18th is a Saturday. My guess, for now, would be some Merch event at the hotel and then at the attraction, maybe before opening (which they did for the 45th). They most likely would have some sort of ceremony with any remaining cast members. HOWEVER - given that the new regime has looked at "modern" IP for any spend and promotion - we might just get a simple poster. I would hope those within WDI and DLR who have history here would push for something special. It did usher in the significant AA attractions (much more than Tiki).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

So I wounder when they would close the ride for the Referb?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    yeah- I would expect something more than just buttons - and the 18th is a Saturday. My guess, for now, would be some Merch event at the hotel and then at the attraction, maybe before opening (which they did for the 45th). They most likely would have some sort of ceremony with any remaining cast members. HOWEVER - given that the new regime has looked at "modern" IP for any spend and promotion - we might just get a simple poster. I would hope those within WDI and DLR who have history here would push for something special. It did usher in the significant AA attractions (much more than Tiki).
    AGREED. I also would hope they would do a nice poster and maybe a pin or t shirt. Do you think some of the attraction would be restored to original format? Or maybe so new additions?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IMO they won't put anything back but just make sure everything currently works right. And it's too soon to put Javier Bardem or anything else from Pirates 5 in there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    AGREED. I also would hope they would do a nice poster and maybe a pin or t shirt. Do you think some of the attraction would be restored to original format? Or maybe so new additions?