Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2017 runDisney Virtual Running Shorts

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2017 runDisney Virtual Running Shorts

Don't Let the 2017 Virtual Running Shorts Series Pass You By!

Thanks to all the participants who helped make our inaugural season such a runaway success. As we head into year 2, this exciting event is just hitting its stride—and we hope you'll join us for even more fun in 2017.

If you're new to virtual running, it's easy to get in on the action… and it's a great way for the whole family to stay fit together.

Just select one of the 3 Disney-themed 5Ks—or run them all to complete the Running Shorts Series. Four specially designed Finisher Medals help you commemorate the competition with a dash of Disney magic!

Best of all, you can cover the distance on your own course at your own pace. Walk, jog or run anywhere you'd like—on a local track, through your neighborhood, even on a treadmill. Then report the results to runDisney. It's all for fun and all on the honor system.

So whether you're a seasoned runner or a beginner, step up your game and join participants from all around the world in the 2017 Virtual Running Shorts Series.

Watch for full details—including this year's dog-gone delightful Disney honoree—beginning Spring 2017.

Registration opens 4/11/2017!

Last edited by RunningFool; 12-27-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Today during the Disneyland Paris expo they also mentioned that this was coming back with some "new surprises" for this year.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Watch for full details—including this year's dog-gone delightful Disney honoree—beginning Spring 2017.
    I guess Pluto, or a bunch of dogs, will be the theme.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I guess Pluto, or a bunch of dogs, will be the theme.
    I can think of 104 really quickly - 101, plus Lady, Tramp, and the one from Fox and Hound that I'm totally spacing on his name!
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I can think of 104 really quickly - 101, plus Lady, Tramp, and the one from Fox and Hound that I'm totally spacing on his name!
    Will be interesting to see what they do. I can also see them focusing the first couple of years on the Fab 5.

Of course, what does it say when virtual runs can generate as much good buzz as in-person runDisney events...
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

It's Pluto! Here's more details on the 2017 Virtual Running Shorts runDisney event.

RunningFool

Noticed the updated page on the Virtual Running Shorts website, with more detailed info http://www.rundisney.com/virtual-running-shorts/. Registration opens April 11.

I didn't really think that I did it because of the medals last year, and I didn't think I would be swayed by the medals this year, but as it turns out... I can't get excited about a dog tag, dog bowl and dog house. I might do one just because I'm not doing a runDisney race this year, but I also don't think I'll feel bad if I break the streak on year two here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I didn't really think that I did it because of the medals last year, and I didn't think I would be swayed by the medals this year, but as it turns out... I can't get excited about a dog tag, dog bowl and dog house. I might do one just because I'm not doing a runDisney race this year, but I also don't think I'll feel bad if I break the streak on year two here.
    But wait, you could be Perfectly Virtual...

Registration for the 2017 Disney Virtual Running Shorts events opens TOMORROW Tuesday April 11th @ 9:00 a.m. Pacific / 12:00 p.m. Eastern.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Did all 'virtuals' receive their 'it's virtually race time' email from runDisney? Looks like this year you get finisher's certificates by inputting your virtual race dates and time on the website (link in the email). Yes, there is now a place to post your information.

RunningFool

No I didn't get anything for my daughter. I signed her up but only got the confirmation email. Disappointing I never get emails from them ever when I should. Another email off to them now about this I guess.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Got my daughter's box in the mail today for it. More pictures in the link.
    http://s139.photobucket.com/user/ber...nDisney%202017
    0613171412.jpg

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Got my daughter's box in the mail today for it. More pictures in the link.
    http://s139.photobucket.com/user/ber...nDisney%202017
    0613171412.jpg
    So, what did your daughter think of the bling? Would you rather have received the medals before or after the event closes at the end of August?
    RunningFool

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey - would virtual options take the place of Half's and 10k's in California in 2018? U can still have the themes (he says with tongue in cheek).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    So, what did your daughter think of the bling? Would you rather have received the medals before or after the event closes at the end of August?
    She was excited to see them. We really have no use for the pop up water bowl or dog tag since we have cats and they don't wear collars. She was happy about having a cooling towel and with the medals. Which she of course had to check them each out. I think she forgot how big the other ones were so she made a comment on the size and then started to wonder how it would be if she was to wear this set and last year's at the same time. LOL She is looking forward to earning them though. Which she does it over time and not in one shot. So having them early or later doesn't much matter for us since I give them to her as she earns them. Yet I was surprised that we did get them so soon. I wasn't expecting them until later. I wonder if they sent them out sooner to just be done with it or what. I figured we all knew last year the time frame for when they would show up and they did. It was no biggie. So wonder if any will have issues with it showing up early this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Hey - would virtual options take the place of Half's and 10k's in California in 2018? U can still have the themes (he says with tongue in cheek).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Don't give runDisney ideas...
    RunningFool