Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Paris - grumble ...

Disneyland Resort Paris - grumble ...

I've just found out that from next year DLRP will begin charging for breakfasts. Up until now, the unlimited continental-style breakfast was free for guests, and was excellent because it set you up for the day and had a very good variety of choices. It was one of the things that we really liked about the hotels there, the inclusion of breakfast. But the prices are getting higher and higher to visit this resort, and they are slowly chipping away at anything that made it a little more affordable.

Rats. Oh well, luckily I am a shareholder and we get access to 2 complimentary pastries per visit (limited to 4 visits per month), so I guess we will have to start having breakfast at Salon Mickey from now on!

I guess it was too good to last once TWDC got their hands on more shares ......

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

That's interesting. We didn't know that breakfast was included until we got here, and today was the first day we were able to take advantage of breakfast. I thought breakfast was ok, though of course I appreciate the free offering. We'll only be able to take advantage of it one more time during our stay. You are at the mercy of whatever time they give you.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    That's interesting. We didn't know that breakfast was included until we got here, and today was the first day we were able to take advantage of breakfast. I thought breakfast was ok, though of course I appreciate the free offering. We'll only be able to take advantage of it one more time during our stay. You are at the mercy of whatever time they give you.
    when we were there we were told at check-in that the time they gave you was the preferred time for you to eat but made it seem like you wouldn't be turned away if you went at a different time. We always tried to eat really early though, so it was rarely crowded when we arrived at breakfast and often had rather long lines by the time we finished eating and were ready to go. So this may be that they are more willing to accommodate people who arrive early when they are otherwise not particularly crowded.

Yes indeed, we have arrived slightly later than our selected breakfast time occasionally, and have not been turned away. I think they use the selected times to try and stagger guests all arriving for breakfast at the same time, but they are very flexible about it.

I've just booked us 4 nights at the Newport Bay Resort for March 2017, just before the free breakfast finishes. It is quite amusing that I am more than happy to pay out for a 5 day stay there, just to get us 4 free breakfasts that probably don't add up to much more than $100 worth of croissants and coffee!

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

I didn't even know there were selected times??? Turned up at DLRH for breakfast opening each day of our stay and didn't realise I should have been on a schedule?

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    I didn't even know there were selected times??? Turned up at DLRH for breakfast opening each day of our stay and didn't realise I should have been on a schedule?
    Maybe that's a new thing since the last time you stayed?

We spent last weekend at the Legoland California hotel and in the past the free breakfast didn't have a schedule (which led to really long lines at peak times). This time, they asked us to pick a 1 hour window at check-in and the line did seem shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Maybe that's a new thing since the last time you stayed?

We spent last weekend at the Legoland California hotel and in the past the free breakfast didn't have a schedule (which led to really long lines at peak times). This time, they asked us to pick a 1 hour window at check-in and the line did seem shorter.
    Which Legoland hotel?
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Which Legoland hotel?
    Legoland California - The official hotel in what used to be the parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Legoland California - The official hotel in what used to be the parking lot
    Was asking because I don't remember an official Lego hotel. Stayed many times in the HGVC just uphill from Lego and walked by the Marriott that is on HGVC property.
    Reluctant Runner

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Was asking because I don't remember an official Lego hotel. Stayed many times in the HGVC just uphill from Lego and walked by the Marriott that is on HGVC property.
    It opened in 2013 Click me for hotel website! [sorry for the OT]

Thanks.

Back to DL Paris, sorry for the detour.

I am nearing retirement (within 10 years) and accidentally said out loud that it would be a cool trip to start in CA and visit every Disneyland property in one extended trip. My wife heard this and now I think we have to plan for this.

Reluctant Runner

^bucket list.
    I think Silvercat is doing Japan this year. I am waiting for her trip report. Someone is anyway who writes lovely TRs.

^ yep it's Silvercat. I hope to hear all about her plans for it in a couple of weeks when we meet up.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

It is definitely us! And we go in just under 3 weeks' time - meep! I take it you lot want a trip report then?

I have no idea how you managed to get away with not being given a breakfast time Scooby, we have always had them! Hang on though, did you stay in the big pink hotel? If so, they might have a slightly different system there, as that is the posh place and you probably wouldn't have had to queue like the rest of us plebs who stayed in the moderates or values!

DH and I actually talked a few years ago about spending a month or so visiting every Disney resort in the world in one trip, but we never got around to actually planning it properly. And of course this was before Shanghai opened. Japan and Hong Kong this year will take us to having visited them all except Shanghai.

Silvercat

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
    It is definitely us! And we go in just under 3 weeks' time - meep! I take it you lot want a trip report then?
    Um, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Um, duh!
    I second this!!

Your trip reports rock!

Stop it, you're making me blush!

Silvercat

Yep we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I was underwhelmed actually. Nice bar.