Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Camera question

Camera question

We are coming down during the holiday season. (the week after thanksgiving).
    We have a DSLR camera but it's big and bulky and I want something that can fit in my purse. However, I want better photos than my iphone. I had a nikon point and shoot that died after 2 years so I don't want another nikon. Our DSLR is 8 years old and still works great so I was looking at the Canon SX710 for our trip. Does anyone have experience with the 710? Any advice on a good quality point and shoot camera? I figured asking here would be good as I want one that can capture Disneyland well and work well for nighttime disneyland shots.
    Thanks.

You forgot to mention cute and fluffy! -- Stitch

2. # ADS

I just looked at Best Buy. I believe the one I have is this one: Sony - DSC-HX400 20.4-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black. It is a 50X zoom. But that one is 449.99. The other one that seems to be really good is the Sony - DSC-H300 20.1 Megapixel Digital Camera - Black at 179.99. They are still kind of bulky but not as bad as a DSLR. I like my Sony.

OR you could just buy the Photopass for the week at 69.99; not worry about carrying a camera and be able to get EVERYONE in the pictures, and include the ride pictures.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Camera question

Have you looked into mirrorless camera? Much lighter weight but really good quality. Last year I switched from canon to Fujifilm xt10 model. It is an excellent camera. I'm not a fan of kit lenses so I bought the 35 mm f2 lens. Awesome camera. I love it so much I sold ALL my canon gear!

DLand/DCA-9/17,5/16,9/15,3/15,11/12,9/10,4/09,4/06,7/00
    1st time cruising ever was "Cruise to Nowhere 1/2011"

I just got the Canon 610 for $230cdn. LOVE it! I don't know how it would do fireworks though....

Loving every day with my prince and 3 princesses.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I love my Canon T5i, my go-to point and shoot is a Sony (HX20V). I did pay like $400 for it a few years ago, but it is versatile, light, and takes GREAT night shots. Most of the higher end Sony point and shoots have similar sensors, which is really the key to those good shots.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!