Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone done the World of Color Dessert Party?

MousePad Subscriber

Smile Has anyone done the World of Color Dessert Party?

Just wondering if the World of Color Dessert Party has good viewing or not? We typically do a dining package for the viewing area but would like to try something new if it is worth it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. # ADS

Haven't done that myself, but Disney Food Blog did a very extensive review if you want details/photos/etc. I'm not big on desserts that aren't ice cream (lol), so I've stuck with the dining packages :-)

MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Haven't done that myself, but Disney Food Blog did a very extensive review if you want details/photos/etc. I'm not big on desserts that aren't ice cream (lol), so I've stuck with the dining packages :-)
    Thank you! I'll check it out.

I did this back in May and don't want to see WoC any other way now. The desserts/snacks (grapes, cheese, bread and several sweets [lasted me three days]) is enough to make a light meal plus the included adult beverage(s) coupled with an actual SEAT for the show. So worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    coupled with an actual SEAT for the show
    Where are the seats?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Where are the seats?
    from another review I watched and listened to (Window to the Magic) - they are in the back at the highest point - with tables and chairs I believe.
    here are a couple of images I saw on Google
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...5/IMG_7993.jpg
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...5/IMG_8002.jpg
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    from another review I watched and listened to (Window to the Magic) - they are in the back at the highest point - with tables and chairs I believe.
    here are a couple of images I saw on Google
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...5/IMG_7993.jpg
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...5/IMG_8002.jpg
    Ooh. That might be worth it alone, that's pretty cool!

We checked out the seating area this past Saturday night. The area is pretty large, so there is comfortable room between seats and tables. The area is to the left (facing the water) of the CCR area. It looked interesting enough to make Mr. Tea curious. Hoping we get to try this package soon.

MousePad Subscriber

Thanks! I think we will do it!

I've already booked the dining package; does the dessert package seem better? I can always switch it up

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dining package u eat at a restaurant And stand later to watch WoC. Dessert package you have a seat and a table to watch WoC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Dining packages also allow you to view from right by the water (AKA the wet zone, although we've never gotten really wet there, just misted). The seated area gives you a big picture view, while the dining FPs can give you a choice of big picture (CCR) or close up (Ariel's, WCT) view.

We have been lucky enough to go twice, and both times we did dining packages and sat in the wet zone. The first time, it was a bit chilly and we all ended up buying world of color blankets and sweatshirts! We haven't tried the big picture view - I'll be travelling with 4 kiddos, ages 9, turning 7 during trip, turning 5 during trip, and 2. I wonder if I should switch it up or just stick with what I know hubby has enjoyed. Although - he really might enjoy not having to stand and hold kiddos up, and this is the first time we will NOT have additional adult family with us to help with the other kids.

I absolutely love that there are so many really good choices, but I do tend to overthink things sometimes as a result

MousePad Subscriber

Can you take food into the "Dessert Party"? Like a sandwich or something to have as your dinner before the dessert?

Quote Originally Posted by jamwilson View Post
    Can you take food into the "Dessert Party"? Like a sandwich or something to have as your dinner before the dessert?
    I don't see why not. But there is SO MUCH food included I am not sure why you would need/want to eat right before.

I have gone once and it was amazing!! We are a very short family I'm thrilled tallest at 5'2 and we took the tall table....not a wise choice lol. We are doing it again in 2 weeks and we will try the shorter table this time lol. The only advice I have is to bring your own extra bread or crackers. They gave us a lot of cheese but very little bread and we ran out and you are not allowed a refill. This time we are gonna bring a sourdough Mickey with us lol

We've been twice; once great, once cancelled due to wind (awww...) Food and drinks are fine, but really you are renting seats with a killer view ans show for about 90 mins. And they bring you food and drinks. You could definitely make dinner out of it, and the sugar rush will get you going for the post-show run to DLP for the late-night MSEP.

MousePad Subscriber

We did the dessert & loved it! The view is great & the seating comfortable. Loved being able to sit and enjoy the show while having a cocktail and some dessert. The desserts are good & with a fun presentation. The cheese, fruit & crackers are also good; can be your dinner but we really don't count that as dinner. There is plenty of food to fill you up. Would definitely do again.

We went New Years Day. It was fully booked. I have a couple of tips. You line up and get an arm band. You are walked into the area and seated. We were asked if we wanted a tall table or short table. We chose tall table which was fine but the chairs are a bit wobbly so keep that in mind. We were seated next to the serving area. Big mistake and I don't recommend it. This is the hub and servers had a difficult time getting around our table. The bartender had a booming voice and could be heard during the show.
    You don't need to line up too early but since you are seated according to your spot in line, the earlier you are there the longer you have to enjoy your table/food/view.
    I think that most tables are for 4 and if you are a twosome, you will/may be told that you will have another twosome at your table. We ended up having a table to ourselves. A twosome declined to sit at our table and were moved on down to another table
    The view was great! The food was very similar to Fantasmic dessert boxes. I don't see why you couldn't bring other food in with you. They bring a "to go" box to your table after the show.
    Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    We went New Years Day. It was fully booked. I have a couple of tips. You line up and get an arm band. You are walked into the area and seated. We were asked if we wanted a tall table or short table. We chose tall table which was fine but the chairs are a bit wobbly so keep that in mind. We were seated next to the serving area. Big mistake and I don't recommend it. This is the hub and servers had a difficult time getting around our table. The bartender had a booming voice and could be heard during the show.
    You don't need to line up too early but since you are seated according to your spot in line, the earlier you are there the longer you have to enjoy your table/food/view.
    I think that most tables are for 4 and if you are a twosome, you will/may be told that you will have another twosome at your table. We ended up having a table to ourselves. A twosome declined to sit at our table and were moved on down to another table
    The view was great! The food was very similar to Fantasmic dessert boxes. I don't see why you couldn't bring other food in with you. They bring a "to go" box to your table after the show.
    Have fun!!
    Great information! Have never done this yet, so thanks very much for your review!
    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Do they offer an Annual Pass Discount on the price?

I don't believe we got an AP discount on WOC Dessert Party. We have done both Dinning and Dessert Party and will only do Dessert Party in the future. How nice it is to sit down after a long day in the park. Great food and service and a wonderful view.

2019 Trips........ Feb , April, and June

No AP discount offered on the Dessert Party. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    I did this back in May and don't want to see WoC any other way now. The desserts/snacks (grapes, cheese, bread and several sweets [lasted me three days]) is enough to make a light meal plus the included adult beverage(s) coupled with an actual SEAT for the show. So worth it!
    Where do I get pricing/info on this (and make a reservation)? Thanks so much!!!
    Hi-Ho

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Ho View Post
    Where do I get pricing/info on this (and make a reservation)? Thanks so much!!!
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...dessert-party/

With tax it comes to $78.81 per person.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020