Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Something I have not once had show up in my email was one of those "thank you for participating" emails. I was told to contact another department on that issue and have heard nothing back at all...no surprise. Do you think if the option to sign up for next year wasn't given its a sign of changes to come?

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Something I have not once had show up in my email was one of those "thank you for participating" emails. I was told to contact another department on that issue and have heard nothing back at all...no surprise. Do you think if the option to sign up for next year wasn't given its a sign of changes to come?
    Yeah, unfortunately runDisney is really hit or miss on communications. Not one of their better talents.

If the rumors are true that the City of Anaheim won't sign off on the 2018 SW Light Side half course until runDisney pulls more miles off city streets because of the traffic challenges they cause (just a rumor but one I tend to believe), I'm betting that would impact all 2018 runDisney DLand courses. Kind of makes sense as we don't see the same registration hold with WDW runDisney races since over 95% of those miles are on actual WDW property.

runDisney is kind of in a pickle in that they allowed pre-registration for SW Light Side and then shut it down before general registration opened. And without a word to those of us who did pre-reg on where that leaves us ignoring the fact they are holding a lot of our $$$. One can assume that they don't want to get into the same mess if Tink runs into the same issues. Will be interesting to see if registration opens as scheduled in June for 2018 Tink or it also goes on hold.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would it even be fathomable that they would only have 5k and 10k races and no half?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately runDisney is really hit or miss on communications. Not one of their better talents.

If the rumors are true that the City of Anaheim won't sign off on the 2018 SW Light Side half course until runDisney pulls more miles off city streets because of the traffic challenges they cause (just a rumor but one I tend to believe), I'm betting that would impact all 2018 runDisney DLand courses. Kind of makes sense as we don't see the same registration hold with WDW runDisney races since over 95% of those miles are on actual WDW property.

runDisney is kind of in a pickle in that they allowed pre-registration for SW Light Side and then shut it down before general registration opened. And without a word to those of us who did pre-reg on where that leaves us ignoring the fact they are holding a lot of our $$$. One can assume that they don't want to get into the same mess if Tink runs into the same issues. Will be interesting to see if registration opens as scheduled in June for 2018 Tink or it also goes on hold.
    With the emails its all Disney emails and not just runDisney. I may change my email to see if that helps or not.

So if the rumors are true, then as olegc said, would they just do the 2 shorter races or just dump it all together? Let's say they did that than what would become of the challenges? I can imagine for you and many others that paid for Star Wars already its not making you all happy being left in the air on things. More so those that need to plan hotels and travel to get here. Originally I had been putting Super Heroes off because we weren't sure on what was going on with Star Wars....now part of it is how Tink ended up. No matter what though runDisney needs to say something and more so to those that paid for Star Wars at this point.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Just received my "Thank you for participating" email from runDisney. Missing was the option to sign up for 2018 Tinker Bell as a past participant. This is something they have been doing the past several races (including the not-yet-open SW Light Side).

Interesting...
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I looked a few times just to make sure I didn't miss it.

Something I have not once had show up in my email was one of those "thank you for participating" emails.
    Just curious, do you get the emails before the races, the ones that tell you about training and travel accommodations and park admission media and the event guide? The other thing to do might be to check your active.com account to make sure your correct email is attached to that. I don't know if runDisney uses that info but at least you can rule out any problems with that.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Would it even be fathomable that they would only have 5k and 10k races and no half?
    I would find that hard to conceive because then they'd have to discontinue all of their coast-to-coast challenges.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Just curious, do you get the emails before the races, the ones that tell you about training and travel accommodations and park admission media and the event guide? The other thing to do might be to check your active.com account to make sure your correct email is attached to that. I don't know if runDisney uses that info but at least you can rule out any problems with that.
    I don't get any of them. I have also in the past resigned up for them to see if that would kick it in but nope. When I first started all this I got them a couple times then nothing. I don't get the Disney Movie Rewards ones either anymore as well. I haven't seen one from other Disney areas either that I should be getting them from. Like I said I got told to email someone else with Disney about it so I did so. The only time I get emails from someone there is if I send one to them and its a reply to what I sent. So when its a race we sign up for I just go back here and there to see if info is up for waivers and such. Which most the time I find out whatever info from here though thanks to those that get the emails. I know my email is correct with active.com since I get my confirmation emails when we sign up but that is it.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would find that hard to conceive because then they'd have to discontinue all of their coast-to-coast challenges.
    Oh I agree - but lawyers and politicians sometimes force u to make crazy decisions. What about laps in and around the parks and hotels? -____-

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I don't get any of them. ... I know my email is correct with active.com since I get my confirmation emails when we sign up but that is it.
    Well, that's frustrating! Sorry they're giving you the runaround.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Oh I agree - but lawyers and politicians sometimes force u to make crazy decisions. What about laps in and around the parks and hotels?
    Well, with the current directive to get all racers out of the parks as soon as possible, that wouldn't really work. That doesn't seem to be a problem at WDW, though. When I did Princess a couple years ago, they had already started letting people into Epcot while we were still finishing up. Those who didn't know about the races looked at us funny as we lapped up and around the middle walkway in Futureland inside the tiny row of cones.

How much mileage would we get if they ran us up and down and around the various rows of the parking structure?
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How much mileage would we get if they ran us up and down and around the various rows of the parking structure?
    Oh there's ambiance for you!
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

I don't get any of them. I have also in the past resigned up for them to see if that would kick it in but nope. When I first started all this I got them a couple times then nothing. I don't get the Disney Movie Rewards ones either anymore as well. I haven't seen one from other Disney areas either that I should be getting them from. Like I said I got told to email someone else with Disney about it so I did so. The only time I get emails from someone there is if I send one to them and its a reply to what I sent. So when its a race we sign up for I just go back here and there to see if info is up for waivers and such. Which most the time I find out whatever info from here though thanks to those that get the emails. I know my email is correct with active.com since I get my confirmation emails when we sign up but that is it.
    Check your Spam controls and email addresses or domains that have been marked as Spam,
    Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

I continued to get AP emails for a good 7-8 years at an old email address no matter how many times I updated it. I still get them in both places and it's probably been 5 years since they started sending them to my current email.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiSigDuchessCV View Post
    Check your Spam controls and email addresses or domains that have been marked as Spam,
    I've done it all in the past. There is just something off with them going through. Only thing I can think of is just change my email address and see if that works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I continued to get AP emails for a good 7-8 years at an old email address no matter how many times I updated it. I still get them in both places and it's probably been 5 years since they started sending them to my current email.
    I used to get those as well way back when we got our APs and they would send the emails out. I got them for a few years and nothing. Like I said its not just the runDisney, or AP but its everything it seems like. I sort of just gave up on even trying and bothering. I figured its something weird with my email and their's just not clicking after awhile. Not sure why but I've lived with it.