Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

I signed up yesterday for the challenge after actually reaching a human at runDisney, who confirmed that I could still submit a proof of time during registration (even though the deadline was passed), I just won't be able to change it. Love the new challenge medal.

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

The medals are so much better. That old challenge medal is just ugly.

Contributing Writer
    MousePad Moderator
    Blog Entries

It appears that runDisney has had a change of heart and due to overwhelming demand, has reopened the transfer process until April 28th and/or the challenge is sold out.

So, if you now have your heart set on the awesome new PDC medal and are sitting with a purchased half marathon, you can now request away. Just ignore the 2/14 date currently on the form.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Shamrock 15k
    Next non-Disney Half: RnR SFO
    Next runDisney event: Dark Side Challenge & 5k

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    They revealed the medals for the races today. The new half marathon and challenge medals are tempting, even though I really dislike the course and have other issues which are making me hesitate to sign up.
    I registered for the 10K through a travel agency after the medals were revealed. I'm so tempted by the others, but not enough to train for a half in 8 weeks.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Foster Mom of Minions and Hobbits. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

MA Master

Question about getting swept...Months ago when I signed up for the PDC, I didn't know that I will now be 7 weeks post hip replacement surgery on race weekend. I wrote RunDisney to see if I could defer until next year (I knew they would say no, but they couldn't say yes if I didn't ask) and was denied. My question is, I will probably be able to walk, but if I can't make the whole distance, how little can you go and be transported back to the tent? It seems that if you are inside the parks, it could take a lot longer with the race traffic, and I've never seen any carts or vans in them.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsie View Post
    Question about getting swept...Months ago when I signed up for the PDC, I didn't know that I will now be 7 weeks post hip replacement surgery on race weekend. I wrote RunDisney to see if I could defer until next year (I knew they would say no, but they couldn't say yes if I didn't ask) and was denied. My question is, I will probably be able to walk, but if I can't make the whole distance, how little can you go and be transported back to the tent? It seems that if you are inside the parks, it could take a lot longer with the race traffic, and I've never seen any carts or vans in them.
    Oh, they'll sweep from anywhere. They have a golf cart for inside the parks. Don't worry, if you have to stop at any point for any reason, they'll get you out of there.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Foster Mom of Minions and Hobbits. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

If you need to stop just find a CM/volunteer and let them know what is going on. I know there are golf carts in the parks and as was my case, near the end of a group of finishers, they will stay close by in case they are needed. Just know that if you do need to stop that it could take a bit of time to get taken back depending on where and when.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsie View Post

You can stop at any point along the course and ask for transport back. Last year, I signed up for the PDC and hurt a tendon very badly during the 10k. I walked the half for a little over six miles and I was still ahead of pace, and probably could've finished if I pushed, but the pain was excruciating and I couldn't take it anymore and didn't want to injure myself even worse. I stopped and told them that I hurt too much to continue. They brought a golf cart and picked me up -- we went through back stage areas and they picked up a couple others, too. They transported me directly to the medical tent to be checked out. So don't worry if you can't finish it, it happens and they'll get you picked up if you need it, no matter the distance you've gone. And they're really nice and wonderful about it, too. They're there to help.

Contributing Writer
    MousePad Moderator
    Blog Entries

And for those of us who have been up the past few years for the 5:00 a.m. Neverland 5k start, it appears according to the runDisney site that the Neverland 5k start is now 5:30 a.m. Schweet!

RunningFool

Contributing Writer
    MousePad Moderator
    Blog Entries

Two bits of Tinker weekend news:

1. Tinker Bell 10k bibs are back open up on the runDisney site (assume that they pealed apart some of the Challenge bibs)

2. If you are traveling thru LAX from May 12th thru 16th, be aware that there is a MAJOR terminal swap planned for that weekend. More details here. Timing is everything...

RunningFool