Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Secrets of Disneyland Panel at Salt Lake Comic Con

Secrets of Disneyland Panel at Salt Lake Comic Con

Hello All!

I have the good fortune to be on another Disneyland Panel! This time the subject deals with secrets of the park. Here is a description of the panel:

"Discussions of the hidden details and the little known facts about the happiest place on Earth. From which teacups spin the fastest, to how to receive a Death Certificate, to what the business names on Main Street mean. We'll discuss the secrets of Disneyland and try to stump even the smartest Disney Geeks in the audience."

I've compiled a few secrets, from my time in the parks and from research and watching numerous videos like Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic and FreshBakedDisney's videos.

While I have an ok list, I'd like ask you guys! What little nuggets of hidden trivia do you know about our favorite park?

Thanks in advance for your help.

57a10b82-2940-4d8a-8855-4bddac1c10ea.jpg

(I know, the picture is of Cinderella's castle. Bit of an inaccuracy. I need to take that up with SLCC's design dept).

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    Walt Disney

2. # ADS

One of the things you might want to update is the "Death Certificate" It is my understanding that they haven't given those out for a number of years. At least for the past few years when I have tried to get new ones I've been told that they no longer have them.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Can you still get the Mark Twain pilot certificates even though it's not currently going anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    One of the things you might want to update is the "Death Certificate" It is my understanding that they haven't given those out for a number of years. At least for the past few years when I have tried to get new ones I've been told that they no longer have them.
    Yes, my research has uncovered this as well. I plan on bringing it up. Thank you!
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Can you still get the Mark Twain pilot certificates even though it's not currently going anywhere?
    From what I've read, you can. I haven't done it. Why? I don't know. I understand getting into the wheelhouse requires a special password?

Can anyone confirm?
    Walt Disney

We haven't been in the wheelhouse since before the Mark Twain was docked (earlier this year), but our secret password was "Please, may we ride in the wheelhouse?" Worked like charm. Remember that the wheelhouse is small, so not many people can fit up there at one time. There is a guest book that you can sign and the CM will take your photo, if you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We haven't been in the wheelhouse since before the Mark Twain was docked (earlier this year), but our secret password was "Please, may we ride in the wheelhouse?" Worked like charm. Remember that the wheelhouse is small, so not many people can fit up there at one time. There is a guest book that you can sign and the CM will take your photo, if you ask.
    The times we did it,we had to go and knock on the wheelhouse door and say "Permission to come aboard" Worked every time and we were always so grateful.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl