Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disable Parking at EPCOT

Disable Parking at EPCOT

Hello Everyone! I am finally off crutches and can walk short distances, so that naturally means that I'm aching to go to EPCOT to see the new Frozen ride and Soarin' Around the World. I can walk from bag check to the Guest Relations area to get a scooter. (I think that's located inside and to the left/under Spaceship Earth?)

Can anyone tell me how far away the Disabled Parking spots are in relation to bag check? I've never used this parking before.

Also, is there a scooter rental at the back EPCOT entrance near the Yacht/Beach Club Resort? I might stay there to make my trip easier.

Thanks for everyone's help and have a magical day!
    GnP

2. # ADS

Good news! You are right about the scooters at front of park I believe, but not sure about the International Gateway entry though.

Alrighty, so I used the scooter, ECV's at EPCOT for 2days, 8/23-14/2016. And it helped me so very much.

...The disabled parking occupied the first 2 lanes of regular parking to the right of the monorail station.
    ...There were 3 courtesy wheelchairs that you could use just to get up to Guest Relations but are not for use in the park. Actually I didn't see any in the morning when I arrived. But there were 3 when I left in the afternoon.
    ...It costs $50 a day for an ECV plus a $20 refundable deposit. You can leave the park and come back at night and not have to pay the $50 again, but you do have to do the $20 deposit.

As for me, it helped a great deal to be able to ride around in the scooter. I was able to park outside the land I wanted to visit and walk a little in there, but not big distances. I did stand in line for 1 hour for Frozen and that hurt quite a bit. I should have used the scooter there.

I hope this helps!
    GnP