Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for July 18-24, 2016

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for July 18-24, 2016

Disneyland Resort Update for July 18-24, 2016 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Disneyland celebrates 61 years with a surprise gift to Anaheim's 6th graders | Mark your calendar for Halloween Time | Mickey's Halloween Party dates and details | Construction Land | This and that... | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

according to the RunDisney site for Superhero weekend - a parkhopper ticket is not confirmed online. Its an "appreciation". I guess we can expect a ticket but the door is open for something else.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

In looking at the SWL artistic rendering, does it appear to you (as it does to me) that the DLR now has a trestle over water? If so, I wonder if this is a track reroute...

Quote Originally Posted by goalieump413 View Post
    In looking at the SWL artistic rendering, does it appear to you (as it does to me) that the DLR now has a trestle over water? If so, I wonder if this is a track reroute...
    I saw that in one of the earlier renderings. I wondered if it meant the bank itself might not move, but the track would.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I saw that in one of the earlier renderings. I wondered if it meant the bank itself might not move, but the track would.
    I think if u pair this with the rendering presented for ROA about a month ago the tressles are there under the track. To me, the train will follow the riverbank tightly and u will have rock behind u. Then, as u get close to a bend in the river, u will hit a tunnel (of which SQL attendees may go under or over). It just looks that way from the two renderings.

And remember - this is the new look river with reduced island.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goalieump413 View Post
    Yes, and I believe so, based on building permits Disney has filed. I fully expect the train will be over water for a portion, even if it hugs the rock.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I think if u pair this with the rendering presented for ROA about a month ago the tressles are there under the track. To me, the train will follow the riverbank tightly and u will have rock behind u. Then, as u get close to a bend in the river, u will hit a tunnel (of which SQL attendees may go under or over). It just looks that way from the two renderings.

And remember - this is the new look river with reduced island.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I didn't know Disney was reducing the northern shore of TSI. I assume then that the Columbia and Mark Twain will follow a new, truncated track too, even if it's just a little bit, to make room?

Very cool! Can't wait to come back for a visit!

Is the Taste of Downtown Disney event happening this year? I clicked your link to the event website, but there's no link to purchase tickets and I didn't see any mention of the event on the CHOC walk facebook page?

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Is the Taste of Downtown Disney event happening this year? I clicked your link to the event website, but there's no link to purchase tickets and I didn't see any mention of the event on the CHOC walk facebook page?
    To answer my own question, they apparently sold out VERY QUICKLY this year.