Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Spaceship Earth with Three in a Seat?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Spaceship Earth with Three in a Seat?

Hi all,

The last time I went on Spaceship Earth, our DD was 22 months old and was in my lap, so Mr. Niwel and I sat together.

The next time she'll be going, she will be 4 1/4.

Two questions:
    Can three people (two adults and a preschooler) fit comfortably in one seat or should we take two?
    If we do one seat, does the whole "put yourself in the future" part accommodate three heads or just two?

Would love any insight from those who have done this.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont think that 2 adults and a small child would fit, let alone fit comfortably.

I think the "future" picture only detects two heads at a time.
    (Heck, a lot of the times, it does not recognize me at all....)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

The regular ride vehicles are not a bench seat. They are two semi-molded seats, so there's not a way for 3 to sit in one row. As Gusman said, there are only two faces detected. You are better off having one adult sit in a separate row.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    I dont think that 2 adults and a small child would fit, let alone fit comfortably.
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    The regular ride vehicles are not a bench seat. They are two semi-molded seats, so there's not a way for 3 to sit in one row.
    Good to know - I could not remember the configuration. I'll put Mr. Niwel in another row and ride with Princess, then.
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Spaceship Earth with Three in a Seat?

They are mounded seats and it does only recognise two heads. That said, if there isn't a rule about it I think two adults and a toddler could physically fit it easily enough, assuming you're not overly large.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I can tell you that as a child I was stuck in the middle between two adults, and during the decent "back to earth", my neck was killing me. Remember, there's no headrest in the middle and its a long way down! I'd put the child in their own seat for comfort's sake.

When my daughter was this age, she rode with my hubby and me. I put her on my lap when the picture was taken so her face was in the video at the end. She loved it because she always had to be in the "middle!" It was fine.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA