Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 2017 Star Wars Half Marathon - Light Side

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Like they did with Super Heroes races last year, where they sent a link to sign up early for 2017 Super Heroes race weekend afterward, I got an email congratulating me on my recent runDisney race with a link to register for the 2018 Star Wars races at Disneyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Soooooo, did you sign up?

Looks like this is an option until February 3, 2017.
    I never get any pre-registration emails. Hmmm
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I got the Avengers one, but I haven't gotten this one (yet).

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Soooooo, did you sign up?
    Not yet. I figured I'd wait until I got home. It's nice not having the pressure of signing up, even via early registration for APs. I saw your post in the 2017 Super Heroes thread about AP registration tomorrow, and I had to check my email to make sure I'd already registered.

I think it's nice they do that as a perq for having participated. Not everyone is an AP, and it makes sense to allow early registration to those who've previously done the race.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I never get any pre-registration emails. Hmmm
    What race did you register for this year? From the responses on the Super Heroes thread last year, it seemed like people who had signed up for the half and challenge got the pre-registration email for the following year's race.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

Challenge for super heroes, 10k for Star Wars light side.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I got a survey email after the 10k. It asked about how I liked the course this year. As well as what race(s) I did that weekend and in the past. Which ones I would do in the future. Asked about 2 different options on getting my registration with a DL hotel package or one with all that and tickets. That is all I can remember at this point though.

I take it that I don't get the pre-registration emails because we don't do the half or challenge.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I didn't get either pre-registration email, and I ran the half in both.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

My kids each ran the 10K and I haven't seen pre-reg links for them.

Doc and I both did the challenge, but we did them for a charity team (TMM4UCMD,) so I don't know if that's why we didn't get links.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Challenge for super heroes, 10k for Star Wars light side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    I didn't get either pre-registration email, and I ran the half in both.
    Hmmm, then I have no idea what criteria they're using in sending the emails.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Hmmm, then I have no idea what criteria they're using in sending the emails.
    I just chalk it up to the typically inconsistent email process for Disney overall. I get some runDisney emails but not these. I don't get any passholder emails either.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I don't get any passholder emails either.
    My passholder emails come addressed to "the parents of [my name]". :/

I just chalk it up to the typically inconsistent email process for Disney overall. I get some runDisney emails but not these. I don't get any passholder emails either.

I used to get the passholder ones way back but they had stopped years ago as well. Same with the Disney Store, Disney Movie Rewards and RunDisney. Now if I get anything its just the Movie Club letting me know if I want the movie of the month or not. Then the one confirming my option. I start out getting all these things then all of a sudden they just stop. I have resigned up for all of them to just still get nothing at all. So I have no idea what is wrong with their email system for everything but it kind of sucks when its something you don't find out until its to late.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I received the email, and did the Challenge. I am planning to continue with the Challenge next year. Maybe I'll be able to keep legacy status.