Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Downtown Disney/DCA food

Downtown Disney/DCA food

My family is going to Disneyland in August. We have been to the resort many times, but we need some advice about a couple of food choices. We are looking at Tortilla Jo's Taqueria and Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, and Flo's Diner and Cocina Cucamonga in DCA. Which would you choose in each area?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    My family is going to Disneyland in August. We have been to the resort many times, but we need some advice about a couple of food choices. We are looking at Tortilla Jo's Taqueria and Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, and Flo's Diner and Cocina Cucamonga in DCA. Which would you choose in each area?
    Earl of Sandwich is an easy choice for us. The Original (sandwich) always does it for me. Between Flo's and Cocina, I don't have a preference. I think we've visited both equally. Just depends on what kind of food we want that day.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Decide on flos vs Cocina on the day of. Flos has an indoors. Cocina is like in a big food court outside. Unless I am wrong about which one that is.

I like Cocina, haven't eatten at Flo's, their menu doesn't appeal to us.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I like Cocina, haven't eatten at Flo's, their menu doesn't appeal to us.
    Yeah, we've eaten a salad at Flo's a few times, but the menu really doesn't look too appetizing to us either. Cocina has similar food to Rancho De Zocalo, and we LOVE Rancho. The eating area is outside at Cocina and is part of a larger "food court".

As far as in DTD, Earl of Sandwich is a quick service sandwich shop. The other is an actual restaurant, unless you're looking at the take-out window.

We LOVE tortilla joe's and earl of sandwich!!!

We used to like Flo's but they changed the menu quite a while ago and we haven't been there since. Never eaten at Cocina.

Tink - Richmond, CA
    Disneyland June 15-18
    WDW February 2017

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    Yeah, we've eaten a salad at Flo's a few times, but the menu really doesn't look too appetizing to us either. Cocina has similar food to Rancho De Zocalo, and we LOVE Rancho. The eating area is outside at Cocina and is part of a larger "food court".

As far as in DTD, Earl of Sandwich is a quick service sandwich shop. The other is an actual restaurant, unless you're looking at the take-out window.
    I believe that's the difference. Tortilla Jo's is the sit-down restaurant and Tortilla Jo's Taqueria is the quick service place.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Oh, we did have Earl of Sandwich once, it was quite good. If you sign up for their eClub (free) you get coupons, the sign up coupon doesn't come right away so make sure to sign up a couple of weeks before.

It's my experience that Cocina tends to be really spicy, so if you or anybody in your party has problems with really spicy foods, it might be one to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
    It's my experience that Cocina tends to be really spicy, so if you or anybody in your party has problems with really spicy foods, it might be one to skip.
    Really? Not my experience. I like spicy and don't find it spicy at all.

Cocina... the portions are massive! Really good for splitting between two! Also, if you like Asian food, definitely try the Lucky Fortune Cookery. It's my new favourite eatery in DCA super yummy, and made to order!

hmmm now I'm hungry!

Faith Trust and Pixie Dust!
    Disneyland '85, '90, '00 and DLR '05, '10, '13, '14 and 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Really? Not my experience. I like spicy and don't find it spicy at all.
    We don't either. N adds hot sauce to hers and A likes it and she doesn't like spicy. We will get 2 taco/fajita salads and split them 3 ways.

Blog Entries

I don't find Cocina spicy and I don't like spicy!

I like Tortilla Jo's Taquiera, and I DO NOT like Earl's. MDM does like their Thanksgiving sandwich, but that is about it. Give us the nachos or a burrito any day. Breakfast, they have breakfast burritos. It's my go to spot to get burritos for my "burrito station" on runDisney 1/2 mornings!

I like Flo's also. There is something new on the menu we all like, but can't remember what...

Planning 3 trips at once...

I like the turkey salad at Flo's. Plus it's fun to sit on the patio and enjoy a beer while watching the Radiator Springs Racers go by.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

We love Tortilla Jo's taqueria! Great food plus Dr Pepper!

We have eaten at Earl of Sandwich and also at Flo's and absolutely loved both! Nothing bad to say about either. Flo's had indoor and outdoor seating so that was nice.

I like Flo's V8 Cafe, especially when I want to sit down and eat in AC for a while. The view is also nice. My usual choice is the Lucky Fortune Cookery. You choose a protein and a sauce, served over rice. I like the food at Pacific Wharf but the line always seems to be really long when I'm ready to eat.

We like Lucky Fortune Cookery too but always make it a point to go to Cozy Cone. Wife gets the chili cone queso, oldest gets the pulled pork cone, youngest gets popcorn and I get an apple freeze. We all share. Everything at the Cozy Cone is so good.