Thread: New place at Magic Kingdom? [Skipper Canteen]

New place at Magic Kingdom? [Skipper Canteen]

Is there a new place to eat at MK???

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

2. # ADS

Probably most recent is Skipper's Canteen, I think.

Looks like it now takes reservations. I missed when that turned on...oops. Was hoping to take advantage of their previous opening policy of taking only same day in person.

(there is still mention of the same day policy in the text, but the site seems to have it set up for the normal reservation inquiries now)

Here's the link.

Last edited by Dave1313; 05-03-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    -Dave

I haven't seen anything about the Skipper Canteen taking reservations, other than same day.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I haven't seen anything about the Skipper Canteen taking reservations, other than same day.
    I was basing that on the system having the interface there to request them (I tried for my days coming up soon and all were not available, but then I later figured out even 6 months out was showing not available).

Hopefully you are right. If not, it is totally booked for every day I tried (even 6 months out). Hopefully it's just a goof on the site and they are still on the same mode of operation.
    -Dave

Blog Entries

I just tried for a ressie during my trip in August and there was no availability. Maybe it's not up yet...

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    I just tried for a ressie during my trip in August and there was no availability. Maybe it's not up yet...
    Hopefully true. I think earlier it looked like a counter service with nothing in the "look for table" reservation input area. Maybe they jumped the gun on the website update before actually opening it to sign up. I actually kind of like the idea of leaving it like that (same day) if they want to.

The website definitely was acting strange last night for me though when I first responded. Initially, I couldn't even see the restaurant list! (it showed me 4 dinner shows, and that was it with no filters on). It came back to where I could see the list of all restaurants while my edit window was still open so I updated my response with the link to the page for SC.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I was basing that on the system having the interface there to request them (I tried for my days coming up soon and all were not available, but then I later figured out even 6 months out was showing not available).
    It's a little odd that on the Skipper Canteen page there are options to look up availability, yet it never seems to work. But it's my understanding (and it was true for me a month ago) that there's always availability there. Give 'em a try - very tasty steak!
    Last edited by danyoung; 05-04-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

If the site is still showing no availability the. I would think it's still at same day only. That's how it worked when I went in April, the site was always showing nothing available but we walked right in at noon one day.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It's a little odd that on the Skipper Canteen page there are options to look up availability, yet it never seems to work.
    It is same day only reservations. You can look up availability online for the current day only. You can also make same day reservations in person at the restaurant.

I highly recommend it. Really good food.

The revised menu was released this week. No radical changes, but some menu items have more description that should help diners better understand the options. For example, the item previously called the Skip Mac and Cheese, which is more like a Greek pastitsio, is now described as a pasta bake.