Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2016 runDisney Virtual Running Shorts

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiSigDuchessCV View Post
    Got mine on Wednesday. Blue tumbler and just checked it is cracked on bottom. Loved the medals, didn't expect them to be so big and heavy

Is anyone writing to Disney about the cracks on the tumbler or just saying the heck with it
    Contact runDisney. They need to know how many of these things didn't survive shipping.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    See a LOT of "no medals yet' posts on social media so your not alone by any means. The shipping box I received had a 2B on it - I've also heard of 1A and 1B so they must be sending them out in batches.

One poor woman posted she received a crushed, taped-up shipping box. The tumbler was there but the medals were MIA. Gees...
    Thanks. I received mine, but my husband hasn't received his yet. I was figuring they were shipping in batches so nice to have the confirmation. I haven't opened mine yet, but I did see the giant Disney label on the front, and they left the package on the front porch. I wish they were a little more discreet because plastering DISNEY across the front of a box seems like it's too tempting for would-be thieves.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Thanks. I received mine, but my husband hasn't received his yet. I was figuring they were shipping in batches so nice to have the confirmation. I haven't opened mine yet, but I did see the giant Disney label on the front, and they left the package on the front porch. I wish they were a little more discreet because plastering DISNEY across the front of a box seems like it's too tempting for would-be thieves.
    Definitely not subtle!
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I opened my package tonight, and my tumbler is blue and in good condition.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    I opened my package tonight, and my tumbler is blue and in good condition.
    Very cool! So, would you do this again if it's offered next summer during the long, sad months between runDisney events?
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Very cool! So, would you do this again if it's offered next summer during the long, sad months between runDisney events?
    I would, as long as the medals are different. I don't mind getting the same medal for an actual race I'm running, but I don't think I'd do a virtual race twice for the same medal. I've done a few virtual races, so I was pretty happy when this one was announced. I know a lot of people don't understand virtual races (I can run for free - why am I paying for a not-race?) and that's fine if it doesn't work for them, but my next point is why I like the idea of virtual races.

I also think it's a good way to get people involved who either can't make it to one of the resorts for the races or who can't keep the pace of a Disney race or for whatever other reason.

The only thing I'd like them to do differently is to have the medals available earlier. I don't like virtual races where I run the race and then weeks later, the medal arrives. While I signed up for the series, I actually haven't done the races yet. I wanted to wait until the medals arrived. I'm planning to do three consecutive 5Ks for each of the medals, and then I'll do the little extra to make it 10 miles even, for the extra fourth medal. It'll be more of a workout because I'm planning on carrying the medals with me.

Blog Entries

Shouldn't be surprised but I ran across the virtual medals on eBay. The four-piece set has 18 hours left to bid, has received 12 bids, and is currently sitting at $155.50 and $11.74 shipping.

RunningFool

Not surprised on ones putting them up on ebay. I can imagine there are a bunch that paid for them purely in hopes of making money on them from ebay. Those that buy them should be ashamed IMO as well.
    I didn't look at my box to see how it was sent. I just know that it was left at my door with the mat thrown over it. So it hid what was on the box. Because we are in an apartment complex, if its to big for the mailbox or package ones under them that are locked as well then they take this stuff to the office. I had the one mailman bring me a package since we are near the mailboxes and this was a few days or so before the medals came. I didn't get a knock when the medals came either. I saw whoever walk up the door and put a box down and the mat over it. I just didn't catch his uniform to see who it was. I honestly hate having UPS deliver anything. More so if it goes through a certain office. I have had 3 boxes either opened up and it was obvious or in one case everything stolen from it (mind you that was clothes for my daughter from Children's Place). UPS doesn't even seem to care either sadly when you report it. I took pics of the 2 boxes I did get to show them but they didn't want it. Hopefully Disney will replace the medals that lady had stolen.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

So I know people have been getting their medals already, but at what point should one feel concerned about not getting them? My cousin and I registered at the same time and both live in Southern CA, I received my medals more than a week ago but she has yet to receive hers... Anybody else still waiting on their package?

Last edited by oswald; 08-05-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oswald View Post
    So I know people have been getting their medals already, but at what point should one feel concerned about not getting them? My cousin and I registered at the same time and both live in Southern CA, I received my medals more than a week ago but she has yet to receive hers... Anybody else still waiting on their package?
    IMO it doesn't hurt her to contact them and ask about it if she is feeling concern.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Never hurts to ask but there seems to still be a lot of folks posting that they didn't yet receive their medals.

And as for medal sale on eBay. The four-piece virtual 5k medal set sold for $215.50. Wow....
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I registered before the husband did. I received my package but he hasn't received his yet. I'm not even sure the best way to follow up with them. Email general rundisney? They don't seem to respond to Facebook or Twitter.

Blog Entries
    I registered before the husband did. I received my package but he hasn't received his yet. I'm not even sure the best way to follow up with them. Email general rundisney? They don't seem to respond to Facebook or Twitter.
    From what I've been hearing, runDisney has been slammed with people trying to a) find out where their medals are and b) reporting broken tumblers. I would send them an email if you're still missing a medal set.
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    From what I've been hearing, runDisney has been slammed with people trying to a) find out where their medals are and b) reporting broken tumblers. I would send them an email if you're still missing a medal set.
    Yeah, I figured. But, the good news is that the husband's medals and tumbler arrived today, so it's all good. Hoping everyone else's issue get fixed soon.