Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Dining Reservations...Where to book?

Dining Reservations...Where to book?

I am almost at the booking mark and trying to figure out a few more to try to get. I will have 8 days of dining so if everyone could give me some suggestions where to go that might be good for a 16 and 15 year old boys to try. Some that I am think of is:

Ohana, 50's Prime, Nine Dragons (Can't find anything good or bad about this), Via Napoli, T-Rex, Coral Reef and BOG.

We are going Oct 30 to Nov 7. I know there will be Food and Wine going so we will try some stuff but I still need a couple more in case I can't get reservations. Also if you see something on the list that you would avoid please let me know. I wouldn't mind a Fantasmic package if there is a place someone could recommend.

All input is great appreciated

2. # ADS

California Grill is well thought of, especially neat if you can go at Magic Kingdom fireworks time to view from the Contemporary roof. (I think they also let you up to the roof viewing area at the fireworks time if you dine earlier in the day - but I'd double check on that)

If you and your boys are meat eaters, there is Le Cellier or Yachtsman Steakhouse (very close to the back exit of Epcot in Yacht Club Resort - maybe 10 min walk from the exit).

There's Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining in Japan.

Teppan Edo is basically the type of hibachi grill type show where the chef is performing while he cooks your meal at the table. You do get seated with other people that you don't know unless you have a large group that fills the table (8, I think?). Nice, but probably not necessarily much better (the Disney "unique factor" is not terribly high here, I don't think) than anywhere else if you've done it other non-Disney places.

Tokyo Dining is in the same area (they are right next to one another), but has front windows looking towards the lagoon that can be nice to gaze if you can go during Illuminations (though I think it's far enough away that is only a semi-benefit. You want to see Illuminations from a better vantage point one night most likely).

Last edited by Dave1313; 04-22-2016 at 01:50 PM.
    -Dave

Dining Reservations...Where to book?

I like all your choices apart from T Rex, I don't think it's very nice food there. Another good place is the Yak and Yeti that I think is likely to be popular with most hungry teenage boys. The buffet dinner at Boma is also really good.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Can't believe I forgot Sanaa in my earlier reply!

It's one of the best in terms of unique theme IMO. The windows in the restaurant let you look out on the Savannah of Kidani village(there is also a viewing area right next to the restaurant for before/after your meal if you like). The food is very interesting too. I'd vote for visiting here at lunch time (for your dates it would have to be a really early dinner to still have light), since viewing the animals is a key part of the experience.

-Dave

DeWe love 'Ohana & Narcoossee's. But food options are very subjective? What do you & your boys like to eat? Steak, seafood, pizza & burgers?

Beyond your choices which I love several - what about Sci-fi, Rainforest Cafe & Whispering Canyon. Sci-fi is just a great & unique experience, Rainforest at AK have great portions, and Whispering Canyon is just fun.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are they boys with hollow legs? As in, do they eat huge quantities of food? If so, 'Ohana for dinner is probably an awesome bet. Some of the suggestions here are for signature restaurants, meaning it's a bit more expensive, but I think the food quality at the signatures are worth it, but the quantity may not be adequate for growing boys.

I do like Boma for dinner, too. I'm not generally a buffet fan, but I enjoyed the different items here. And Biergarten is a good buffet, too. I just think buffets are great value for big eaters.

I do like the idea of Whispering Canyon if they're not going to be 'too cool' to have fun with the waiters/waitresses.

Cathy

I'm a big fan of the Coral Reef restaurant, and eat there a couple times a year. The food is. . . well, it's not world class, but it's not bad. The seafood is fresh and well prepared, and they do a steak there that is really excellent. But the big draw is the huge bay windows looking our on the 5.7 million gallon Nemo aquarium. If you ask for a seat by the glass, you can enjoy your dinner while watching fish, turtles, rays, even sharks swimming by. Very very cool!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Thank you for all the suggestions. The boys eat well but more through out the day then all at once. They are always asking for steak so if there is a steak on the menu I am sure they will be happy. Can anyone tell me about Nine Dragons? I can't seem to find much about it. We thought T-Rex might be better to do then Rainforest because we do Rainforest at Disneyland. Anyone recommend a good brunch spot for a relax day?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you're doing Disney Springs - I'd go to one of the newer restaurants there. Just because I've not heard fantastic things about TRex food.

I've never done Nine Dragons - My reaction to the menu, and what I've heard from others is that it's equivalent to a decent Chinese restaurant you can find in most decent size towns.

If you want to go a little adventurous, I'd do one of the Morocco restaurants. I went to Spice Road Table shortly after it opened with a group of adults and we just ordered the small plates and shared. It was fun to try a bit of everything, and not be blocked into a single entree.

Cathy

TRex food is pretty much RFC food. Not fabulous, not horrible.

I'd try another DS restaurant personally. Earl of Sandwich is always a pleaser. We like to grab some appetizers at Jock Lindsay but we were without kids.

Our favorites are OHanas, yak and yeti, whispering canyon (though my group were a bunch of party poopers), captains grill at the Yacht Club.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Coral Reef restaurant, and eat there a couple times a year. The food is. . . well, it's not world class, but it's not bad. The seafood is fresh and well prepared, and they do a steak there that is really excellent. But the big draw is the huge bay windows looking our on the 5.7 million gallon Nemo aquarium. If you ask for a seat by the glass, you can enjoy your dinner while watching fish, turtles, rays, even sharks swimming by. Very very cool!

And even the occasional diver! (Food is pretty good too!)
    -Dave

I've done that dive twice, the first time on my 40th birthday. It's just totally cool to be on the other side of the glass, watching people eat their seafood while I'm out there swimming with the sharks!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor