Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: How to access your race photos in Disney Photopass

How to access your race photos in Disney Photopass

Starting with the 2016 Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon weekend, runDisney race photos are now taken by Disney PhotoPass cast members and are available through that program after the event. If you are an annual passholder with a pass that qualifies you for free PhotoPass photos, that means yours are now free.

If you don't have an annual pass, you can purchase race photos through the PhotoPass program, including any bundle purchases that will include other photos taken on your trip to the parks.

To add the photos to your PhotoPass account, you will need the race-specific codes provided by runDisney. They are listed in the Event Guide, and also shared on social media by the runDisney team. For example, the codes for this past weekend's Star Wars Dark Side 10K and half marathon are 2016-DARK-10Kx-xxxx and 2016-HLFx-xxxx, respectively. Participants replace the final five places (shown as x) with their bib number(s).

To add them via the iPhone My Disney Experience app:

1. Open the app and tap the menu button at the top left (three horizontal bars).
    2. Scroll down and select Photopass.
    3. Tap on the "Link Photos" icon (barcode at upper right).
    4. Tap on "Select to Link Your Photos."
    5. Tap on "Enter a PhotoPass ID."
    6. Tap on "Enter the ID number" and type in the event code for your event, placing your bub number in the place of the Xs. For example, if your bib number was 12345 for the Star Wars Dark Side Half, you would type in 2016-DARK-HLF1-2345. If your bib number is less than five digits, add zeros to the beginning to make it five. (e.g. a bib number of 999 would be entered as 00999).

Your photos may take some time to populate once you have entered your code. Make sure to look under the image when they are loaded for a 1 of 2 etc. note. Swipe left to see the other photos taken in a burst from the same location.

The codes for the 2017 Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon weekend events are as follows:

KIDS RACES
    2017-LGHT-KIDx-xxxx
    5K 2017-LGHT-S5Kx-xxxx
    10K 2017-LGHT-10Kx-xxxx
    HALF 2017-LGHT-HLFx-xxxx
    Last edited by AVP; 01-15-2017 at 04:00 PM.

2. # ADS

The codes for Star Wars Dark Side weekend are as follows:

KIDS RACE: 2016-DARK-KIDx-xxxx
    5K: 2016-DARK-W5Kx-xxxx
    10K: 2016-DARK-10Kx-xxxx
    Half: 2016-DARK-HLFx-xxxx

How to access your race photos in Disney Photopass

If you have a challenge bib, do you have to enter your bib number twice (once under the 10K code and again with the half code)? If so, I'm guessing that takes up 2 of the 5 bib numbers you can apply to each PhotoPass. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    If you have a challenge bib, do you have to enter your bib number twice (once under the 10K code and again with the half code)? If so, I'm guessing that takes up 2 of the 5 bib numbers you can apply to each PhotoPass. Is that correct?
    Yes, you have to enter your number twice.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The codes for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend are as follows:

KIDS RACES 2016-LAND-KIDx-xxxx

5K 2016-LAND-D5Kx-xxxx

10K 2016-LAND-10Kx-xxxx

Half 2016-LAND-HLFx-xxxx

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

how much are photos from one race only? for all the photos they take during one race....

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    how much are photos from one race only? for all the photos they take during one race....
    I believe it is the one day Photopass price of $39.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    The codes for the Super Heroes Half Marathon weekend events are as follows:

KIDS RACES
    2016-HERO-KIDx-xxxx
    5K 2016-HERO-S5Kx-xxxx
    10K 2016-HERO-10Kx-xxxx
    HALF 2016-HERO-HLFx-xxxx

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Given the online Event Guide can be a bit of a pain, you can also find the photopass information and codes on the back of your race bibs.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Given the online Event Guide can be a bit of a pain, you can also find the photopass information and codes on the back of your race bibs.
    Or in the post right above yours...

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    I wonder if this will be used for every race now. It's good to know since there was no email this time that included the codes.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    I wonder if this will be used for every race now. It's good to know since there was no email this time that included the codes.
    And most people don't look at the back of their bibs (i.e., they don't fill out the emergency information...).

We could make this a stuck thread and post the codes for all the races as they come along.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    The codes for the Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon weekend events are as follows:

KIDS RACES
    2017-LGHT-KIDx-xxxx
    5K 2017-LGHT-S5Kx-xxxx
    10K 2017-LGHT-10Kx-xxxx
    HALF 2017-LGHT-HLFx-xxxx

Scroll to the top post in this thread for instructions on how to use the My Disney Experience app (for you WDW folks) to access the photos. If you have the Disneyland app, these are the "Photopass" codes you'll need.

Remember, Signature and Premier Annual Passholders receive PhotoPass downloads as part of their passholder benefits, which means race photos are free.

If you don't have PhotoPass on your AP, you can purchase the one-day pass for $39, or the one-week pass for $78. You can link UP TO four race bibs per event to each PhotoPass, so that $39/$78 is good for couples, families & friends to share.
    Last edited by AVP; 01-15-2017 at 03:28 PM.

If you haven't yet entered your codes, the 2017 Star Wars Dark Side weekend are as follows:

KIDS RACE: 2017-DARK-KIDx-xxxx
    5K: 2017-DARK-W5Kx-xxxx
    10K: 2017-DARK-10Kx-xxxx
    Half: 2017-DARK-HLFx-xxxx

They've started printing them on the backside of your bib too, so check there after your next race.