Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Cancellation policies and refunds?

Cancellation policies and refunds?

Anyone know what WDW's cancellation policy is and if you can get a refund? Just got told by work that I need to cancel my conference because of some work travel. I booked one night at the All Star Sports Resort already and paid for that first night. Wondering if I can cancel it and get that money back.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it was a room only (sounds like it was) you should be able to get it back, if you're far enough out from the trip. It would be in the details of your booking confirmation.

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right... A room only ressie can be cancelled like 5 or 6 days before scheduled arrival without issue. (Do check on your paperwork to confirm.)

PS... sorry to hear that you had to cancel your side trip....

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

If you're close to your trip you might consider this slightly shady option. Just call Disney and change your rez to maybe a month or so out, then call back and cancel that rez. I've had to do this before. Didn't feel too bad about it, as Disney got my money eventually!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Anyone know what WDW's cancellation policy is and if you can get a refund? Just got told by work that I need to cancel my conference because of some work travel. I booked one night at the All Star Sports Resort already and paid for that first night. Wondering if I can cancel it and get that money back.
    Typically it is 5 days prior to get a refund on your deposit, but as stated above check your reservation to be sure.