Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Concern about Disneyland Customer Service

Concern about Disneyland Customer Service

We noticed a serious flaw in customer service (i've also emailed Disneyland Guest Services, no reply yet) We purchased AP's and had to redeem them at the ticket booth. Then instead of taking our picture at the booth, we were told to wait in line and as we went through the entrance they would take our picture then. Bad Idea Disneyland! We noticed it took us 10 minutes to go about a hundred feet as numerous 'guests' had to wait and hold up the line as the employees took their picture.. Walt Disney World has advanced way beyond Disneyland in Customer Service, especially with the bands that allow you to go through even faster. Now I understand the bands are expensive to implement. But who is the imbecile utterly lacking in customer service know how at Disneyland that is not allowing/requiring the Ticket Booth employees to take the pictures this would speed up the lines, and for those who are buying tickets/AP's fr others, they would have to go to the ticket booth to get their picture attached. Sort of like how they used to have us go to the BofA by the Main St Station or Plaza Inn...Anything but tie up the entrance lines...It was real irony to see Disneyland still selling their 'book' on exceptional customer service, maybe they need to re-read that book huh?

2. # ADS

AP Pics were never taken at the ticket booth at DL. They are taken by a Photopass photographer inside the park. The gate photos are for multi day passes and only need to be done at first entry. Magic bands at WDW are given to APs and those staying onsite, that equals a smaller percentage of DLR guests.

Blog Entries

Back in the day you did go to an AP processing center to get your AP processed. You'd by your AP at the ticket booth after standing in line. Then stand in line to enter the park. And finally stand in what at times could be a 30-60 min line to get your pass processed and pic taken.

It then morphed into buying online going to a ticket booth to get the plastic card and once you entered the park you hunted down a fastpasses photog to take the pic and hope it attached to your card. It took 3 tries once.

Now that they have started taking them at the gate for multi day tix it makes sense to take it there. It would be difficult to take them at the booth with the plexiglass Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    AP Pics were never taken at the ticket booth at DL. They are taken by a Photopass photographer inside the park. The gate photos are for multi day passes and only need to be done at first entry. Magic bands at WDW are given to APs and those staying onsite, that equals a smaller percentage of DLR guests.
    If your photo is not in the system, you take it at the booth like everyone else now.

To the OP, WHO caused this backlog? People. The ones renting tickets, the ones selling their extra days on Craigslist, the ones buying one or two tickets and trying to take the whole family through the gate one at a time. Taking the AP photo at the gate is actually minimal from the day use tickets. The only tickets that now require a hand stamp are one day tickets, which says to me that even 2 day tickets now have a photo attached to crack down on all the cheaters. Don't blame Disney for having to fix what cheaters wrought.

I do understand what the OP is saying as far as it taking a long time to get through the gates because of people getting their picture taken. When we went last Thursday, it took a very long time to get through as there were many people entering for their first day and havin their picture taken as they entered. One lady had a family of 6 and all of their tickets were on her phone. So she had to call one child at a time, scan her phone, take the pic, sign the ticket, then swipe her phone to the next ticket and repeat. The guy behind us in line from his significant other and was obviously getting chewed out on how long it was taking him to get in the park. He was trying to explain that people getting their pics taken was holding up the line.

But like Candles said, it is something we now have to live with and plan for since e dishonest people were trying to scam the system and forced Disneyland's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    If your photo is not in the system, you take it at the booth like everyone else now.
    Got it. I appreciate they quickly adjust the procedures to try to make it less confusing and more universal for a wide range of guests.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Got it. I appreciate they quickly adjust the procedures to try to make it less confusing and more universal for a wide range of guests.
    I do as well.

Concern about Disneyland Customer Service

You complain about the waiting but then will wait 60-90 minutes to ride one ride? Well at least you get to go tintype happiest place on earth, my last trip was 2007. Lucky you. I would love the opportunity to be inside the park, the sights, sounds, smells and overall atmosphere. Lucky you

Long live HISTA and the DODGERS!!

I don't see how the picture taking procedure is a customer service issue. Customer experience, maybe. I haven't noticed that taking pictures has ever delayed me that much, although the woman who had them all on her phone sounds like she took awhile. I've been stuck behind people with rented tickets or CMs who had issues signing in guests that have taken a lot longer than taking pictures for multi-day tickets. But I don't think it's fair to point the finger at Disney's "customer service" every time something takes longer than you'd like or something changes operationally. Neither of those things are a direct result of customer service policies.

I don't see how the picture taking procedure is a customer service issue. Customer experience, maybe. I haven't noticed that taking pictures has ever delayed me that much, although the woman who had them all on her phone sounds like she took awhile. I've been stuck behind people with rented tickets or CMs who had issues signing in guests that have taken a lot longer than taking pictures for multi-day tickets. But I don't think it's fair to point the finger at Disney's "customer service" every time something takes longer than you'd like or something changes operationally. Neither of those things are a direct result of customer service policies.

Getting our photos in line didn't add hardly any time to our wait last year.

In fact it was much better than standing in the old line on main street back in the day to buy them and take a photo.

I have found that anytime I am in a line my stress goes up and I think that every line around me is going faster and that I have a bunch of idiots in front of me slowing it all down. As I get older I guess I just take it as more of a me issue.....

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post

I have found that anytime I am in a line my stress goes up and I think that every line around me is going faster and that I have a bunch of idiots in front of me slowing it all down. As I get older I guess I just take it as more of a me issue.....
    Agree with this. LOL. I will look over at other lines and start getting antsy. I have to fight the temptation to jump in those lines. Just very anxious to get through the line at the front gate so I can go wait in line for a ride. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Agree with this. LOL. I will look over at other lines and start getting antsy. I have to fight the temptation to jump in those lines. Just very anxious to get through the line at the front gate so I can go wait in line for a ride. LOL.
    I don't call it Disneyline for no reason.

speaking of lines at the entrance, I will guarantee that what ever line I'm in , the people in front on me will have a major problem with their ticket that slows everyone down.
    If someone else picks the line, we're good to go !

Think this is ok.... esp for new AP's... Why?

I started with a AP in 2014. Back then you had to go find a Photopass Cast Member to get the picture taken. No app so you had to find where they were by wandering around or asking. The day I got the AP was also a day in Jan that was hyper packed and would have needed to stand in line at a ticket booth for a long time. Even at 7pm that night was mega lines around all the booths. Got a two week voucher to come back. From two CM and one was in a cast. The next time I could go would have been a black out day but got a one time entry pass to go in and get the picture. Yep they gave me a pass to get the picture taken.

The picture at the gate now in effects actually speed up the process and give them better security than that old system. Before you even use the pass or multi-day one they can link it at that moment. A two for one action.

For long lines I have found the perfect answer to the line wait. I am one of the crazy people that wear a lot of pins. And they usually starts a great conversation which make the line time go poof!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Think this is ok.... esp for new AP's... Why?

I started with a AP in 2014. Back then you had to go find a Photopass Cast Member to get the picture taken. No app so you had to find where they were by wandering around or asking. The day I got the AP was also a day in Jan that was hyper packed and would have needed to stand in line at a ticket booth for a long time. Even at 7pm that night was mega lines around all the booths. Got a two week voucher to come back. From two CM and one was in a cast. The next time I could go would have been a black out day but got a one time entry pass to go in and get the picture. Yep they gave me a pass to get the picture taken.

The picture at the gate now in effects actually speed up the process and give them better security than that old system. Before you even use the pass or multi-day one they can link it at that moment. A two for one action.

For long lines I have found the perfect answer to the line wait. I am one of the crazy people that wear a lot of pins. And they usually starts a great conversation which make the line time go poof!

I primarily talk with friends in line and people watch which is a lot of fun.

Same here when with friends! Beats staring at a phone! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Same here when with friends! Beats staring at a phone! ^_^
    Most friends last longer than the phone battery anyway right

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    It then morphed into buying online going to a ticket booth to get the plastic card and once you entered the park you hunted down a fastpasses photog to take the pic and hope it attached to your card. It took 3 tries once. .
    We had this problem with Cman. They decided his picture was out of date and they would tell us at the main gate: You NEED to get his picture re-taken or we won't let you in next time. We got told this several times. We had his picture taken at least three times by the photo pass people and they never synced with his AP. It finally worked but I got tired of the Main Gate people talking to us like we weren't following directions. The problem was their system, not our compliance.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Most friends last longer than the phone battery anyway right
    Yep. Except at the end of a long day at Disneyland! ^_^