Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Spring Break , 2016

Spring Break , 2016

First of all, I had no intention of going to Disneyland on Spring break. I live in AZ, and homeschool, so I was unaware at the time I made my plans that it was Spring break in CA. That being said,
    we had a great time!!!!!! We arrived on Monday at 5 pm, after travelling all day. We watched the flag retreat ceremony, always a pleasure. Then we headed to see the last showing of the Magic Map. While we were in line, we
    we chatting with the CMs. One of them asked my little girl if she had gone on a lot of rides that day. We explained that we had just arrived from AZ. The kind CM gave us a pass to ride any ride. Woo Hoo! Day saved! All the lines were
    ridiculously long. Like, 110 minutes for Space Mountain. After the show, we waited 50 minutes to ride BTMRR. We had a great dinner under the heaters at Rancho del Zocalo. Then we headed over to DCA to use our pass to ride Radiator
    Springs Racers. Then we went on the new Luigi's Rolliking Roadsters. It was a lot of fun. We called it a day, and went back to our hotel, the Maingate Inn on Ball. It is a cheapy motel, but good enough for us, and clean. We rode the tram to the parking structure, walked through it, and then 3 minutes to the hotel through employee parking. Not bad at all.

We knew that the crowds were going to be a factor, so we were up and at it early. We headed straight to Space Mountain, while DD20 got fastpasses for the same. After we rode, I waited an hour to sign up DD7 for Jedi Training. What a horrible
    waste of morning hours. DD20 got in line at Star Tours, so after securing DD7's spot, we headed over to Star Tours. That day we rode Space Mountain twice, Star Tours, the teacups, BTMMR, Toy Story, Grizzly River twice, and POTC. We also went to the Animation Academy, The Tiki Room, and we saw the Soundsational parade. We got through the first part of the Jedi Training when they had to stop due to technical difficulties. The stupid platform wouldn't come up! We wasted 1.5 hours on the Jedi Training. Arghh!!!!

All in all, though, we did so much! A CM told us that the park had reached 90% capacity by noon. Against all odds, we had a great Spring break Disney trip. disneyland.jpg

2. # ADS

For future reference, unless Easter is late April, a 2 week buffer on both sides of Easter Sunday helps lessen crowds. There really is no off season anymore. If Easter is late April, Spring Break crowds last for a good 6 weeks. AZ schools have Sprig Break the same time and don't worry about Easter, some California schools as well, but most Ca "normal" schools are either the week before or the week after Easter. Then you get into all of the "tracks" for year round schools. The MP park updates included some of the larger SoCal districts any more. There was also a National Cheer competition over this last weekend, we had the teams rolling in from midweek on, last week.
    It sounds like you made the best of it and had a lovely trip though. Thanks for sharing.