Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    ...We're considering going to see this this week, but I've read a bunch of reviews that it's really loud and my father can't handle loud noises. He covers his ears during fireworks and at Captain EO back in the day. He won't do anything proactive like wear earplug or headphones, if anything he'll start trying to talk over the movie if he loses interest
    It's definitely loud. We always bring ear plugs to movies, so we were prepared anyway. But it was loud even with the ear plugs. During the battle scenes, I kept wondering how the other people in the theater were managing without any ear protection. No one else seemed to even notice.

2. # ADS

I just checked and unfortunately AMC is not showing Dunkirk as one of its sensory friendly screenings. If dad's okay with the lights up a bit and the chance that someone else in the theater will act out, then the sensory friendly movies are a great way to see otherwise "too loud to enjoy" movies as they turn the volume down dramatically. I know (select) AMC shows sensory friendly kids movies 2 Saturday's a month and an adult flick 2 Tuesday's a month.

We were at the theater yesterday getting ready for a birthday party and the sound coming out of some of the theaters was loud even in the hallway.

Thanks. We decided not to see it yet. My parents belong to a group that screens movies, and the schedule has gaps where it could be added, so they decided to save the money. I don't think it's leaving the theaters any time soon, so I may just go alone later.

Up In the Air - ironic timing. The music really makes the movie. Light on plot. It was entertaining enough.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

"Maudie" -- lovely performances from Sally Hawkins and Ethan Hawke. Quiet story with great character development. Beautiful location, beautiful folk art.

Winter Wrap Up

August Underground
    Slaughtered Vomit Dolls

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

War For The Planet of the Apes 8/10!

April Showers and Easter 2024!

Winter Wrap Up

Cabin Fever Patient Zero
    ParaNorman

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Logan Lucky - If I had known what the movie was about I probably would have rolled my eyes and said NO, but my husband had the showtimes wrong for the movie we were planning to see and this was the next best option. I'm glad we went, parts of it were really funny and overall the movie was amusing rather than being cringe-worthy (which to be frank was my assumption based on seeing the posters)

Mild:

There was an entire scene regarding Game of Thrones and the fact that the author still hasn't released the Winds of Winter, despite the HBO series now being ahead of the books plot wise. All I could think of was that the scene might not be as funny in a few years (decades?) when the final books finally come out, but everyone in the theater was laughing pretty hard right now.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul
    Not too bad for a family movie. There were some "gross" humor parts that made you go eeeeewwwwwwwwww..... but I think thats to be expected with this type of film.
    Overall, Ill give it a fair 7/10.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Blog Entries

The Fate of the Furious.
    Simply put, not the best in the series and somewhat of an anti-climatic ending.
    But I guess they had to leave one plot hole open for the future.
    Ill give it a generous 6.5 / 10.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Haven't been yet but am planning on seeing some movies during Century/Cinemark Marvel XD Week starting tomorrow.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

The Hit Man's Bodyguard. Very funny. Very foul language. Very entertaining. Just an action/comedy vehicle with minimal plot.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Wind River - Very sobering. If you like Longmire, this will be interesting to you. It is more brutal than the TV show. But has similar personality.

Blog Entries

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.
    I think Im going to have to see it again. I say that because so many people say its a great movie.
    I think it was a good, entertaining movie at this point.... but not great.
    Ill hold off giving it a GusRating till then.

Die Hard. Finally! Yes, it's a keeper. I think it will be a Thanksgiving night tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.
    I think Im going to have to see it again. I say that because so many people say its a great movie.
    I think it was a good, entertaining movie at this point.... but not great.
    Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the first one?
    "You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the first one?
    I had to watch it twice as well... It too was a good, entertaining movie. Maybe even a bit better than the second one.
    Its the kind of movie I would watch again for sure... but most likely if Im watching it with someone that has not seen it before in the past.

Blog Entries

The Boss Baby
    Surprisingly decent movie. Was worth the rental for a family movie night for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    Die Hard. Finally! Yes, it's a keeper. I think it will be a Thanksgiving night tradition.
    Yippee-ki-yay

Kingsman: Golden Circle. I have two problems with this movie. First, not enough Channing Tatum. Second, normalization of drug use.

I found it very entertaining and funny. The length of the movie seemed appropriate. And they followed the dramatic rules (for example, if you show a gun in the first act, it gets used in the third act). I give it a strong seven out of ten. If you're not a theater person, you should wait for it on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Baywatch

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. But that does not mean it was good movie.
    Lots of language and adult humor that really didnt add to the overall film...

It was worth the free rental from the local library.
    5/10.

Saw Kingsman: Golden Circle again (don't judge, it was free!). I enjoyed it more the second time. Picked up on things I missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The Space Between Us.

Ok, this movie was not too bad. It was worth the rental and thats about it.
    Yea, I know the premise of the movie was way out there to begin with, so my expectations were already in check.

Ill give it a decent 7/10.

One thing though...

I really thought the scene where they spent the night together in the desert in the same sleeping bag was a real stretch to include some sort of romantic scene. Just seemed forced and not necessary.
    I know... Im nit picking now... but still.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Blade Runner 2049" - Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies, so I wasn't sure what to think when they first announced the sequel. All these years later, what are they gonna do with my movie. Overall, I liked it, and they were very respectful in using the prior film as a jumping off point. The plot is fairly involved, so I need to do more thinking to figure stuff out, as well as the ramifications of some of what happened. I had planned on seeing this film, then going back and seeing the original (though I have to decide which version, and it's been a while since I've seen any of them), and then seeing this film again. Probably will still do that.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...