Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    The Godfather - I hadn't seen this before! And we saw it in a theater. It. Was. Awesome!
    I was scheduled to watch the movie in a class in college about books adapted into movies, so I decided to read the book over the summer. I started the book around 10pm ... and didn't put it down until I finished it probably around 4am. I thought the movie was a terrific adaptation of the book, but the book goes into so much more detail about tangential points that there isn't time for in the film. If you like the movie, I highly recommend the book. It's a quick read, too.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" - I wasn't that keen on seeing the movie, which is why we waited so long. It was better than I expected it to be. And, I was pleasantly surprised by

the closing of the Will Turner/Elizabeth Swann story. I had heard that Orlando Bloom was in the film, but I had no idea one of the stories would center around their child. The "one day every ten years" thing always bugged me when it came to the child. So it was pretty satisfying for that whole story to be a major point. And I actually figured out from the very beginning that's who the kid was! I'm usually not that great at that. I was even more pleasantly surprised that Keira Knightley had a cameo. I hadn't heard about that, and I figured Will and Elizabeth would have a reunion with Elizabeth in the distance so you couldn't see her.

But that scene at the end of the credits! I figured out who it was, but I think I'm out if they make another film in the series.
    Within the valley of shadowless death; they pray for thunderclouds and rain
    But to the multitude who stand in the rain; heaven is where the sun shines.

Dinner at Pez Cantina - March 4, 2017
    Sometimes, "be the better person" is code for "be a doormat".
    "Would it help?"

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

I got see an early preview showing of Cars 3 a week before it was released. Saw it at Disney Springs as a part of a DVC event.
    The movie was excellent and really blew me away. It was funny, had a great soundtrack, and had a great plot/story.

My family loved it as well. We walked out talking about it for quite some time.

This should have been the sequel... but at least it makes you forget about Cars 2.

A great way to keep the franchise alive, even though I am not sure where its going to go from here. It may be a while before we see Cars 4.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Winter Wrap Up

Disney's The Wild 2006

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    Disney's The Wild 2006
    I finally got the DVD to the wild. This is one of my all time favorite films

Hidden Figures - Just as good the second time. Also, nice to check out some details I wasn't really paying attention to before.

The King's Speech - I loved it. Some moments took on new meaning in the current political climate.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Despicable Me 3 - It dragged, but I think it was my mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Spider-man: Homecoming" - Third time was definitely the charm. I've never really been all that enamoured of the Spider-man movies, but I really liked this one. It does follow a thread that's been in recent Avengers universe movies, so that was interesting.

I like that it wasn't an origins story per se, but more about how he learns to be a superhero. And that there are consequences and it's not just about the flashy stuff. And the stuff with the suit with the training wheels off reminded me a lot of The Greatest American Hero. But he had to learn that it wasn't just about trying to catch the bad guys - you had to also not endanger innocents. When the stuff was happening on the ferry, my first thought was that there was literally a boatload of civilians that he wasn't even thinking about. I was ok with them not actually being hurt, but I thought the lesson was a good one.

I did like the set-up about the deli, and that it was effectively his fault the business was destroyed. I would have liked one more scene acknowledging that.

I liked Tom Holland in Civil War, and he's excellent in this and really able to carry the movie.

The Academic Decathlon stuff sure brought back memories, though our team never made it past the local round. It was fun to have that included, though, and helps round out Peter's character.

There were some nice nods to things we already associate with Spider-man, but done in different ways.

The upside-down opportunity to kiss the girl was really funny. And MJ!

The after-credits scene is a fantastic payoff.

One thing I'm glad I hadn't heard about:

What is effectively a cameo by Chris Evans as Cap. Which makes his last scene even better.

Oh, and another cameo appearance:

I was surprised to see Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts. Last we heard, didn't Tony say something about how they were on a break because she was mad at him for some stuff he did? I guess she's forgiven him?

Looking forward to seeing this again.
    Within the valley of shadowless death; they pray for thunderclouds and rain
    But to the multitude who stand in the rain; heaven is where the sun shines.

Dinner at Pez Cantina - March 4, 2017
    Sometimes, "be the better person" is code for "be a doormat".
    "Would it help?"

Winter Wrap Up

Underworld: Blood wars
    Resident Evil: Retribution
    Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
    Silent Hill: Revelations

[Princess Celestia]

"Spider-man: Homecoming," my favorite of the Spider-man movies so far.

"The Queen of Katawe," about the young lady who learned chess and changed her life. It was very inspiring. She did so much with so little. Can't feel sorry for myself in light of that (true) story.

5/10 The House just save your money on the movie despite Ferrell and Poehler

8/10 Despicable Me cute movie but the second one was better than the first.

Happy July Summertime

Winter Wrap Up

Resident Evil Afterlife
    Resident Evil Vendetta
    The Amityville Horror 1979
    The Amityville Horror 2005
    Bride of Chucky

[Princess Celestia]

The Big Sick - I wasn't sure I would be able to stay awake for the movie before it started. It's the true(ish) life story about how the male lead fell in love with his wife - who was in a medically induced coma at the time. My husband heard them speak at CinemaCon earlier in the year and has been looking forward to this movie since then. I'm not sure it's something I normally would have been interested in, but I'm really glad that I saw it!

I also saw The Big Sick. I wasn't expecting much - and I loved it! It was funny and poignant. Well done. And a beautiful story.

Winter Wrap Up

My Life as a Zuchinni
    Sucker Punch

[Princess Celestia]

Baby Driver.

I'm not usually a fan of chase movies and have only seen a little bit of the first Fast and Furious, but I walked away liking this one. I didn't like everyone who was in it, but overall I walked away feeling good about it.

Winter Wrap Up

Excision

[Princess Celestia]