Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Yeah. Those were some liiiiines! We wound up just doing a lap around the showcase but not stopping for much- the lines were just so long and we were so tired. We visited Donald just as he was coming out for the party and grabbed like 2 drinks before calling it a night around 11:30. Our friend who didn't run with us stayed a bit longer and told us that it cleared out a lot just when we left. Oh well.

And to answer my own question- no free beer or wine this year. Bummer.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkStar View Post

And to answer my own question- no free beer or wine this year. Bummer.
    If there was to be a free. Drink, I'd have expected it after the finish, not at the party.
    Cathy

The whole race weekend went great for me, we just weren't fans of the party. The lines for wristbands were insane (and at one point, the CMs giving them out, weren't checking anything to make sure we were runners). I was hoping to get on Frozen during the party, and was an idiot not to think that would be everyone's plan. We hung out for a bit, but left about 11:30 as well. Just too darn tired! Honestly, if my ticket wasn't free for running, I wouldn't pay to come back for that.
    Medals are awesome though, the 10K is probably my favorite 10K medal yet.

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    If there was to be a free. Drink, I'd have expected it after the finish, not at the party.
    Well, with the old way it was cross the finish, change, grab free drink, head into party. So I figured if they're not handing them out immediately after the race, maybe there's a tab or something on the wristbands that could be used for a can of beer/pre-portioned "glass" of wine. It could go however they wanted it to, and it did. No "freebie" at all.

Again, it's not like I was jonesing for a can of Bud Light by any means, but it's not great when you see things change in a less than great direction (aka pinching pennies).
    "You know, some guys just can't hold their arsenic!"

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkStar View Post
    Well, with the old way it was cross the finish, change, grab free drink, head into party. So I figured if they're not handing them out immediately after the race, maybe there's a tab or something on the wristbands that could be used for a can of beer/pre-portioned "glass" of wine. It could go however they wanted it to, and it did. No "freebie" at all.

Again, it's not like I was jonesing for a can of Bud Light by any means, but it's not great when you see things change in a less than great direction (aka pinching pennies).
    Didn't the party come with a small gift card? It used to (and before that, it came with X drink coupons and Y taste coupons)
    Cathy

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Didn't the party come with a small gift card? It used to (and before that, it came with X drink coupons and Y taste coupons)
    Well, kind of. runDisney emailed eCards about a week before the event. Some got the emails - some didn't. Let's just say between that snafu and the party card that was sent out via snail mail (also a week before the race) that not everyone received, the line at Runner Relations was rather looooooong.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Blog Entries

Soooo, it appears certificates are available on the runDisney site, however, I'm not seeing they are downloadable as before. They are using the online format only (similar to the less-than-stellar Event Guide).

If anyone can figure out how to actually download a copy of it, please post it here.

RunningFool

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You might have to use Google chrome's "save to PDF" print feature

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    You might have to use Google chrome's "save to PDF" print feature

You, my friend, are awesome! Worked like a champ. Thank you!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Just in case you haven't seen the recall email from runDisney...

We are writing to let you know that Clif Bar & Company initiated a voluntary Class II recall of one production run of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF Nut Butter Filled energy bars due to small plastic pieces found in a limited number of bars sold in the U.S. Clif Bar & Company has not received any reports of injuries as a result of the plastic; however, the company initiated the voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution. Only product meeting the following criteria is affected: Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF Nut Butter Filled energy bars with “best by” dates of 10JUN17N4 or 11JUN17N4.

During the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, four different CLIF Nut Butter Filled energy bar flavors were distributed as samples. The ONLY flavor potentially affected by the recall is Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. If you still have a Chocolate Hazelnut Butter CLIF Nut Butter Filled energy bar from this event, please discard it.

RunningFool

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I ate mine from Avengers and I'm still here.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Well I ate mine from Avengers and I'm still here.

The impacted ones were only from W&D so no worries.
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Did anyone who participated in the Wine and Dine weekend races get a thank you email that included a pre-registration link for the 2018 Wine and Dine races? If so, what race(s) did you register for this year?

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Did anyone who participated in the Wine and Dine weekend races get a thank you email that included a pre-registration link for the 2018 Wine and Dine races? If so, what race(s) did you register for this year?
    We received a thank-you email but it did not include a link to register for the 2018 W&D race. I was able to register for the 2017 W&D races at the recent SW Light Side expo.
    RunningFool

So sad I'm not doing W&D this year!! It's just too hard to do Superheros the very next weekend so I had to choose.

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."