Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

was there ever a merch preview done? I could not find one on Parks blog. I guess it follows suit with the rest of runDisney this year.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    was there ever a merch preview done? I could not find one on Parks blog. I guess it follows suit with the rest of runDisney this year.
    Nope. Expect similar to DLand Half Weekend, we will see a merchandise post the morning of expo opening on Thursday.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

I was told when I made my reservations that all resorts were a "host resort" this year. My charity made reservations at the All Star Sports. Are we sure this is right? Is there a way to check this?

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever View Post
    I was told when I made my reservations that all resorts were a "host resort" this year. My charity made reservations at the All Star Sports. Are we sure this is right? Is there a way to check this?
    It's always been one in the past when it was a smaller race - you should be fine. From what I've heard, the race weekend is now big enough for all WDW hotels to be hosts.
    RunningFool

Really keep an eye on those mailboxes- I received my Wine and Dine Party ticket in a very nondescript envelope yesterday. Almost didn't even notice it until I noticed the return address!

"You know, some guys just can't hold their arsenic!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkStar View Post
    Really keep an eye on those mailboxes- I received my Wine and Dine Party ticket in a very nondescript envelope yesterday. Almost didn't even notice it until I noticed the return address!
    Glad you got it. Are you planning on going to the party?
    RunningFool

I also haven't seen my gift card in my email yet. I've even been checking Spam. Has everyone got theirs yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeygirlforever View Post
    I also haven't seen my gift card in my email yet. I've even been checking Spam. Has everyone got theirs yet?
    Got mine on the 26th but from what I've been hearing, there are a lot of folks who haven't received it yet.

And of new interest, just received a note from runDisney asking me to RSVP to the post-race party. That's different...
    RunningFool

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Got mine on the 26th but from what I've been hearing, there are a lot of folks who haven't received it yet.

And of new interest, just received a note from runDisney asking me to RSVP to the post-race party. That's different...
    I found my gift card just now. For those who haven't, you may want to search for Disney Gift Card, instead of RunDisney.

I also got the RSVP. I guess with us not finishing straight into the party, they're maybe wondering how many are going to come back for it? I know I am!

Glad you got it. Are you planning on going to the party?
    That I am, and I RSVPed and everything too!

I'm wondering if they're trying to figure out last minute logistics, especially with the "where are you staying?" and "what mode of transportation will you use? a- personal b- resort busses" questions

Blog Entries
    That I am, and I RSVPed and everything too!

I'm wondering if they're trying to figure out last minute logistics, especially with the "where are you staying?" and "what mode of transportation will you use? a- personal b- resort busses" questions
    I would assume that would be the purpose although it's kind of late for those logistics. And what if most people don't RSVP?

SAFE TRAVELS to everyone heading out to W&D. Have fun and enjoy the inaugural Challenge and 10k!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Official race shirts as released by runDisney. LOVE the designs!

RunningFool

Blog Entries

New images for merch

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Oh my heavens, craziness at the expo this morning (marched in early entry, then marched back out as we weren't supposed to be there), uncontrolled crowds once it did open (which they finally got under control but not before a lot of shoving and nastiness), NO corrals changes even with POT proof, NO refunds on pre-ordered merchandise which is bought sight-unseen (so no more return for AP discount and without warning of the change), and to top it off, the pre-order jackets and 10k pins have to be mailed to those who ordered due to a 'spelling error'. Oh and no bag check tags, again without notification of the change so everyone is wondering if they were just missed. One would think runDisney hadn't done this before...

On the plus side, the merchandise designs are awesome (especially anything with Lumiere or Remy). No virtual queues for New Balance - just walk up and purchase.

5k in the morning. Day one of three. Hopefully smooth for the remainder of the weekend events.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

I said this earlier in the year - it seems like there is a whole new set of folks running things and they have not used the 'lessons learned"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    NO refunds on pre-ordered merchandise which is bought sight-unseen (so no more return for AP discount and without warning of the change)
    They weren't allowing return/re-purchase with discount at Star Wars, Dark Side. Something about it not being handled that way at WDW. They were allowing straight returns, though. The guy behind me in a line was returning the Dooney and Bourke purses his wife had pre-purchased, and because there were plenty in stock, she was just buying it from the store so she could get her AP discount.

Guess we'll see what happens at Avengers next week.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    They weren't allowing return/re-purchase with discount at Star Wars, Dark Side. Something about it not being handled that way at WDW. They were allowing straight returns, though. The guy behind me in a line was returning the Dooney and Bourke purses his wife had pre-purchased, and because there were plenty in stock, she was just buying it from the store so she could get her AP discount.

Guess we'll see what happens at Avengers next week.
    From what I heard, she wasn't trying to get the AP discount. She didn't like the bundle and just wanted to return it. No joy. So much of it seems to be what CM and/or volunteer you talk to.

5k this morning was very fun. Snowing nicely. Christmas carols playing most of the way on the course. Lots of great costumes.

Muggy and warm weather not boding well for the longer distance races coming up but it's Florida so not unexpected.

Gear check being offered but no tags provided. The volunteers are just writing the bib # on the bag with a sharpie.

No coffee stand at the star so be prepared if you're looking for a quick jolt of caffeine to bring your own.

10k tomorrow morning!
    RunningFool

Hope it's not too muggy for you all. Have fun out there!

Blog Entries

10k weather was MUCH less muggy than the 5k - a wonderful blessing. Hoping the half on Sunday is just as nice.

One perk of the weekend. Got to sit on Main Street and see the Cubs celebratory parade on Saturday. Honestly not much of a parade - just a single car with three Cubs players and Mickey Mouse but the celebration on Main Street from Cubs fans (lined up 10 deep in some places) was something I'll never forget. Totally incredible experience.

RunningFool

10k this morning was good, except my body was NOT having it. My knee was already bugging me at .5 of a mile in and didn't really let up through the race. Add that to my feet being sore from walking around the parks and tomorrow will definitely be a challenge! Ugh. Waking up in 6 hours sounds so daunting.... WAIT! HAPPY DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!

Blog Entries

Hey ChipmonkStar - how did you do today?

Weather this morning wasn't too bad. The extra hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings was nice but it did mean we were out in the sun much longer.

The Dumbo hamstring continues to be a bother so while I finished, it was nothing to brag about. The only positive is I've continued my Perfect status and even that was teetering on the edge as I eyeballed the "Parade Buses" parked along the course...

RunningFool

Glad you stuck it out, RunningFool, and I hope your hammy is feeling better!! My friend and I finished the run (separately but in matching "After this we're getting tacos!" shirts, but oh man... My knee hates me so much, and my right calf is now acting up- and we only just woke up from a nap! And I definitely felt a blister form and pop on my left foot about 2 miles later which was new...

I was going to try to keep up with the 2:30 Galloway Group, but they were doing 1 minute run, 30 second walk. And they were practically sprinting on those runs! Nope, my knee was already ready to quit a mile in so i turned to my one minute walk/two minute jogs and forced myself to stick to it. Except for hills and water zones. And when I just *really* couldn't. But I survived and was rewarded with a very good nap!

One thing I realized after the run- with the after party moving, will we still get a free alcohol? I mean, not that Bud Light is really something to look forward to, but.... Will you make it to the party?

Blog Entries
    One thing I realized after the run- with the after party moving, will we still get a free alcohol? I mean, not that Bud Light is really something to look forward to, but.... Will you make it to the party?
    Glad to hear you made it - the bling is definitely worth it (and did you notice that Lumiere's candlesticks glow in the dark...).

Unknown about free booze - frankly doubtful if runDisney hasn't mentioned it. And no, I'm actually getting ready to hop a plane home so I won't be at the party. You go have fun and tell us all about it.
    RunningFool

Got into the park with our party tickets at 7:50 through the Showcase gate (with wristband). When we got in, there was a pretty hefty line inside the park waiting to get theirs at 8:00.

Grabbed a drink and snack or two and watched Illuminations, now we're enjoying the "What do you mean the pyramid is closed?!" Interactions and the mass exodus by Mexico. Party in 20ish minutes. Wheee!

Blog Entries
    Got into the park with our party tickets at 7:50 through the Showcase gate (with wristband). When we got in, there was a pretty hefty line inside the park waiting to get theirs at 8:00.

Grabbed a drink and snack or two and watched Illuminations, now we're enjoying the "What do you mean the pyramid is closed?!" Interactions and the mass exodus by Mexico. Party in 20ish minutes. Wheee!
    I heard a real mixed bag of reactions to the party. If one stayed very late, the crowds thinned out and the experience improved but otherwise, it was kind of chaos. How did you find it?
    RunningFool