Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Pricing and new events are now on runDisney site!

Join the celebration and prepare to feast on a whole new exciting menu of races during the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend. All-new for this year is Lumiere's Two Course Challenge and the Disney Wine & Dine 10K in addition to the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon, Mickey's Holiday 5K and runDisney Kids Races. Plus, there'll be plenty of surprises, Disney entertainment, and an exclusive Post Race Party for runners and their guests.

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon (NOTE - the half is now Sunday morning)
    •$190

Lumiere's Two Course Challenge
    •$330

Disney Wine & Dine 10K
    •$120

Mickey's Holiday 5K
    •$70

runDisney Kids' Races presented by GoGo squeeZ Applesauce on the Go
    •$20

runDisney 1-Mile Run
    •$30

Post Race Party Tickets
    •$79

Last edited by RunningFool; 03-10-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    So, we are just about one month away from registration for the 2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend and there are no signs of pricing for the races. Odd...
    It's following suit with everything else runDisney as well. Groups still have not been able to requisition anything past DLHM.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    It's following suit with everything else runDisney as well. Groups still have not been able to requisition anything past DLHM.
    Interesting. Scary too as they have been known to cancel.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

So, we're just a matter of five days until early AP/DVC registration is supposed to open and yet, no pricing. According to several TA posts on social media, even they can't get anything out of runDisney yet either. So very weird...

RunningFool

Blog Entries
    So, we're just a matter of five days until early AP/DVC registration is supposed to open and yet, no pricing. According to several TA posts on social media, even they can't get anything out of runDisney yet either. So very weird...
    I believe it. We haven't received anything past DLHM either.

Blog Entries

Rumors are running wild today due to a spotting on Active.com (which has since disappeared) that listed a 5k, half, AND 10k for the 2016 Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend. Hmmmm....

RunningFool

Right now I'm booked on a cruise leaving Port Canaveral on Nov. 7, so I might consider this weekend. However, it is difficult to get there in time to pick up material for the races without taking off a weekday from the previous week.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

maybe runDisney has suffered cuts like everyone else, and someone forgot to ensure pricing (ha ..... ha..... ha.....)

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

And to continue the 'hmmmmm, wonder what is up' discussions, it appears that runDisney has bumped out registration a week. From the WDW Passholder site (the runDisney Wine & Dine site has yet to be updated).

Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World
    Event Dates: November 4-5, 2016
    General Registration: March 22, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EST
    Passholder Early Registration: March 15, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EST

1:58 p.m. And to throw more fun on this mess, a couple of friends are DVC members and they are being told that the original dates of March 8th and March 15th are correct. More to come!

2:13 p.m. The runDisney Wine & Dine website now shows General Registration opening March 29, 2016. Passholder site shows date of March 22nd. Stay tuned.

Last edited by RunningFool; 03-07-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

It's official!

Half Marathon now Sunday Morning

Wine & Dine 10k Saturday morning

Lumiere's Two Course Challenge (10k and half marathon)

Mickey's Holiday 5k Friday morning

RunningFool

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And party is SUNDAY night. From 8-1. Not sure if they're going to close Epcot early or not that night.

Cathy

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    It's official!

Half Marathon now Sunday Morning

Wine & Dine 10k Saturday morning

Lumiere's Two Course Challenge (10k and half marathon)

Mickey's Holiday 5k Friday morning
    They RUINED the race for me. Now I'm not sure I want to sign up for this.

I loved not having to get up at 3:00 am East Coast time. Now, I have to wake up early, AND try to stay awake so I could go to the party that night? And since the party is on Sunday night, I can't fly home Sunday afternoon. I also have to stay an extra night at the hotel, AND I have to take Monday off as a vacation day.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!?
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    They RUINED the race for me. Now I'm not sure I want to sign up for this.

I loved not having to get up at 3:00 am East Coast time. Now, I have to wake up early, AND try to stay awake so I could go to the party that night? And since the party is on Sunday night, I can't fly home Sunday afternoon. I also have to stay an extra night at the hotel, AND I have to take Monday off as a vacation day.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!?
    It is a huge change and it's not a surprise that there's a lot of frustration being vented on social media to loose the only remaining night race. I really thought they would add the 10k Friday night and leave the half marathon Saturday night.
    RunningFool

I have mixed feelings on the change. I enjoyed the night race, but I also like the idea of running the race and then getting a chance to shower and change and maybe take a nap before the party. I do think it's not the best move on runDisney's part to make such a major change when people may have already booked travel and lodging for the event.

We weren't planning on running this race this year though but would like to do it next year if schedules work out. I'll be interested to hear feedback from people who do run the challenge.

Love Remy as the theme for the 10k. I can also see Lumiere being a cute medal.

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries

We had already booked lodging and were planning on leaving Monday morning, so this sucks for us. Well, it sucks for a lot of reasons. All of the things that made this race stand apart from other rD events are now gone. Night race. After party that was really a "finish line party." Adult oriented...night race finishing with an afterparty and serving beer and wine at the finish. Do you think they'll do that at 8 am? Probably not. I could give a rip about the challenge. Sad for those who have to add two extra hotel stays if they were planning on doing the 5k and half. Thankfully I wasn't relying on this to get my C2C and neither was my husband. I guess we're just going to the Food and Wine Festival! Hey, that's okay, the festival is fun enough without the race. I really don't think I'll run the half.

Blog Entries

Have to say I LOVE the theming. Remy and Lumiere are my two favorite Disney characters - I've now got Be Our Guest stuck in my head.

RunningFool

Love the theme, but this just made my decision so much easier.

I LOVED the night race. I HATE morning races at WDW. This was a week before my fall Full, but I was going to do it because it is/WAS so stinking fun. Now I can scratch it off my calendar. I'll shed a tear. It was fun to run right into the party.

Is the cost for the after party new as well or did they always charge for it?

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    Is the cost for the after party new as well or did they always charge for it?
    In the past, they charged for it if you weren't running. It was great if you were out there cheering - or just waiting for a runner to finish. It's still included if you're doing the half marathon.
    Cathy

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I may be out, too. It was going to be a stretch because Alex is signed up for a 100-mile race the week before, and he's butted up against running out of vacation days, so we were going to have to go through some contortions to make this work. But only because I really liked this race.

Well, they took away all the things I loved about this race. So I think we might be skipping this one.

I REALLY hope people are complaining loud to runDisney so they know this is a big mistake for them.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries
    I REALLY hope people are complaining loud to runDisney so they know this is a big mistake for them.
    Looks like there is a LOT of disappointment over moving the race from Saturday night but there also appears to be a lot of folks happy enough about the addition of the 10k and challenge to balance that out. Will be interesting to watch registration to see what happens.
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Looks like there is a LOT of disappointment over moving the race from Saturday night but there also appears to be a lot of folks happy enough about the addition of the 10k and challenge to balance that out. Will be interesting to watch registration to see what happens.
    The mean part of me hopes the thing doesn't sell out for a looooong time. Just to show them.

Blog Entries
    The mean part of me hopes the thing doesn't sell out for a looooong time. Just to show them.
    Similar to Tinker Bell Half Marathon which is STILL open... : )
    RunningFool

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Similar to Tinker Bell Half Marathon which is STILL open... : )
    Exactly!

Blog Entries

Wow, I tell you what. After reading some of the postings on social media in regards to the W&D changes, I sure appreciate the posters on Team MousePlanet. We can have a civil conversation without name calling and nasty comments if someone has a different opinion. It's brutal out there!

Also interesting - many of the Perfect Spatulas say they won't be back now that it's not a night run. That will be very interesting to see how many are left this year.

Last edited by RunningFool; 03-10-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    RunningFool