Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toon Town closing in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    We were shocked by that on our last trip. We were going to the Tiki Room and the line for Dole Whips had to be at least 50 people long, turned the corner and there was nobody in line on the inside.
    I point this out frequently to people waiting in the outside queue. They usually just shrug their shoulders and stay in line. Maybe they'll get the idea when I walk by eating a Dole Whip.
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

2. # ADS

I never got one in August because the line was too long, tried to go inside and they had the inside line shut altogether.
    Whistler noticed no line inside while walking by in December, and detoured inside for us girls. It isn't his thing. He eats my corndogs, I eat his Dole whips.

I actually heard this on on NPR, of all things. They reported that much of Frontierland was going toward SW land, and then did a puff interview about why that might be (Americans aren't interested in the Wild West anymore, yada yada). I wanted to tell them, hello, SW is a *space western*.

Don't kill me for asking but are Dole Whips that good. I have never tried one. I am still trying to figure out why Churros are so popular as well in the parks. They are good but not something that would pop into my head like popcorn or cotton candy.

Quote Originally Posted by skimbob View Post
    Don't kill me for asking but are Dole Whips that good. I have never tried one. I am still trying to figure out why Churros are so popular as well in the parks. They are good but not something that would pop into my head like popcorn or cotton candy.
    And, I don't buy popcorn at the park, and DH doesn't like cotton candy, so there you go. DH likes Dole Whip, it isn't something he buys though, he may have a bite of mine. It really depends if you like pineapple. DS doesn't at.all. I have found a local(ish) source, so if I don't get one. it isn't the end of the world, although eating it in my car with the DL soundtrack playing isn't quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by skimbob View Post
    Perhaps it's because this one's hard to get anywhere else.

To me they are good but a bit too sweet. We get one every now and then but it's not a must have.

Their Churros are kind of special. We took some Hispanic friends of ours there and they raved about them and bought them everyday.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney