Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by stevemartin View Post
    i finished the half with a brand new pr. Not the time i was aiming for, but a pr nonetheless!
    wtg!!!
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    I finished the half with a brand new PR. Not the time I was aiming for, but a PR nonetheless!
    Congrats. That's always good news.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Had several firsts this morning:
    -First sub-2 hr time (and, thus, a PR)
    -First time finishing a half without stopping to walk once.
    -First half I've done more than once (last year's was my first half)
    -First DDD (although I have done Infinity Gauntlet and Rebel challenge)

Also PR'd the 10K

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBruin View Post

Also PR'd the 10K
    Wow. Congrats to you too!

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBruin View Post

Also PR'd the 10K
    Well done!!!
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

If anybody's interested I converted the information in the Disney Double Dare PDF into a Excel document so you can manipulate as you'd like. I also added a column calculating the combined times so it can be sorted by that.

Access here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Results.xlsx

(Note: Opens and Excel file so be aware of all the trust issues that might have. Though I'm clean.)

Kellie Nickerson, who many of us like to follow, was third overall female in combined Disney Double Dare time.

I'm very pleased with my 122nd overall out of 5,306 racers (126th out of 5,310 including chair racers)

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    Kellie Nickerson, who many of us like to follow, was third overall female in combined Disney Double Dare time.

I'm very pleased with my 122nd overall out of 5,306 racers (126th out of 5,310 including chair racers)
    Congrats Kellie!!

Alex, you are getting so fast you made AVP think I was going super duper slow!!! Besides that you and I don't run together, I think she still expects you to go slower than me. No way I can keep up with your 7:30 pace!!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Once again, thank you MousePlanet cheer squad for a fantastic mid-point to the race. This is the first time I've ever gotten to enjoy any of the sponges as well as the free candy from strangers, and it came at a perfect time in the race. I slowed dramatically after as I helped a runner make her way to the finish line, but that sponge was a fantastic relief just when I needed it most.

Even better, my wife who was well behind me also got her first sponge; supreme kudos for having even more on hand this year to help those to the back, it was really appreciated!

Last edited by kingu; 09-05-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Congrats to everyone on a great race weekend! And tons of love to the volunteers at the MousePlanet cheer station!

Is anyone else having trouble getting your PhotoPass race pics to come up? I just get a lot of gray boxes that say runDisney and have the expiration date, but no photo. Tried calling PhotoPass support, but the estimated wait time was over 30 minutes. I'm thinking others are having issues, too. Anyone have a solution for this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    Congrats to everyone on a great race weekend! And tons of love to the volunteers at the MousePlanet cheer station!

Is anyone else having trouble getting your PhotoPass race pics to come up? I just get a lot of gray boxes that say runDisney and have the expiration date, but no photo. Tried calling PhotoPass support, but the estimated wait time was over 30 minutes. I'm thinking others are having issues, too. Anyone have a solution for this?
    I did. And some older ones did not appear. I was using Firefox, and Chrome, and both had issues. I used Internet Explorer and it all worked. I can't tell you that is THE fix, but it's what worked for me.

I had trouble on the day of the event, the photopass photos were coming up fine for awhile and then triggered a "flash wants to run on this page" warning in firefox. Later on it went away all on its own. Still using firefox and now they show fine. So i think its just a temporary glitch

Made it to the finish line on my 10K. Against all odds. Set up the morning perfectly got to the parking lot just a bit before they opened. Got in got to are parking space stepped out of the car and got my gear all set and realized, no bib I had left the bib behind, i looked at my DH and told him i didn't have it, i thought that was the end of the race, instead he got me back into the car drove us back got the bib, drove back to the parking structure (normally a 40 min trip min.) and we got a parking space ran across got into the corrals right after they opened. A short while later as the corrals were filling fast i reached over to check my gymboss timer and realized it was back in the car. With no way to get to it or get it to me I paniced. someone around me suggested i look for an app for my phone. I scrambled reading reviews, this one freezes this one doesn't work blah blah. I finally find one with good reviews 4.99 okay i think, i clicked purchase and itunes says my payment form is out of date and can't be completed. Cue the hysterical laughter.... after i gather myself i did find a free app and managed to get myself across my second rundisney finish line, but what a day!

PS - I loved the "I speak whale sign" someone was holding along the route.

Last edited by fishgal; 09-06-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    I saw one that said "I touched the butt". Can't recall if they had the whale one also, but I remember seeing it and smiling.
    Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by fishgal View Post
    I had trouble on the day of the event, the photopass photos were coming up fine for awhile and then triggered a "flash wants to run on this page" warning in firefox. Later on it went away all on its own. Still using firefox and now they show fine. So i think its just a temporary glitch

Made it to the finish line on my 10K. Against all odds. Set up the morning perfectly got to the parking lot just a bit before they opened. Got in got to are parking space stepped out of the car and got my gear all set and realized, no bib I had left the bib behind, i looked at my DH and told him i didn't have it, i thought that was the end of the race, instead he got me back into the car drove us back got the bib, drove back to the parking structure (normally a 40 min trip min.) and we got a parking space ran across got into the corrals right after they opened. A short while later as the corrals were filling fast i reached over to check my gymboss timer and realized it was back in the car. With no way to get to it or get it to me I paniced. someone around me suggested i look for an app for my phone. I scrambled reading reviews, this one freezes this one doesn't work blah blah. I finally find one with good reviews 4.99 okay i think, i clicked purchase and itunes says my payment form is out of date and can't be completed. Cue the hysterical laughter.... after i gather myself i did find a free app and managed to get myself across my second rundisney finish line, but what a day!

Wow, after what you went through just to get to the start line, the race itself must've been a piece o' cake! Your story brings back memories from a coupla years ago at the D'land HM: Got parked and took final inventory before completing my racing ensemble and making the trek to the start line . . . bib? check . . . fanny pack? check . . . phone? check . . . headset? check . . . visor? check . . . sunglasses? check . . . socks and shoes? check and check. Perfect! Satisfied that the essentials were present and accounted for, I set about putting myself together. All was going well . . . until I got to the socks and shoes and made the alarming discovery that both of my running shoes were for the left foot. I double-checked . . . yup, two left shoes. I cannot even tell you what went through my head in those first moments (but I'm sure you can relate!). I must've sat there blinking in disbelief for at least 30 seconds before the reality of the situation fully registered -- I was getting ready to toe the line at a half-marathon race, and except for the flip-flop I was wearing at the time, I HAD NO RIGHT SHOE.

I figured out pretty quickly what had happened -- I had two pairs of running shoes of the same style/color, and apparently I had somehow managed to grab the two left shoes vs. a proper pair of shoes consisting of one for each foot. But what to do about it at that point was a problem (understatement). With road closures and less than an hour to go before the start of the race, driving home and back to get a right shoe was totally out of the question. Ditto calling my hub, rousting him outta bed and having him bring me one. My other options weren't much better. I tried to picture myself 'running' 13.1 miles in two left shoes, shuffling along in flip-flops, or wearing no shoes at all and wondered what condition I'd be in at the finish line in each of those scenarios, if indeed I could actually go the distance under any of those circumstances. Of course, there was one other alternative: Do the 'sensible' thing, call it day, pack up and drive home. (Yeah, right.)

I had pretty much decided I was about to find out what it was like to attempt a half-marathon in flip-flops (with 2-inch platform heels, no less) when it suddenly occurred to me that I had another pair of running shoes in the back seat of my car. The downside, however, was that the only reason they were there was b/c I had purchased them online and they didn't fit, so they were boxed up for a return trip to the post office. To make a long story even longer, I did start -- and finish -- the half-marathon that day, hobbling along in that pair of ill-fitting running shoes. Worst blisters and most black toenails I've ever gotten in any race, bar none. Could barely walk, much less run, for days afterwards. Was it worth it? Totally.

Glad you got it all together for your race . . . and congrats!
    Last edited by Footloose; 09-06-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks for sharing your story footloose! I feel alot better knowing i'm not the only one its happened too

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certificates of Completion are finally up! Get yours here.

FYI - the search is by bib number only.

AND - they do include one now for the 5k (no time but there is a certificate). However, it doesn't appear they can be saved (except as a webpage) or downloaded. Or am I just having 'one of those moments of limited brilliance'?

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Blog Entries

There is also an on-line post-race event guide now available. Never did open in Chrome but did come up in IE.

RunningFool

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does any of the information (certificate or official finishers time or something) have the USATF course number on it? I still haven't seen it on the USATF website, and I'm curious.

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Does any of the information (certificate or official finishers time or something) have the USATF course number on it? I still haven't seen it on the USATF website, and I'm curious.
    I'll look again but I didn't see any notation of course.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Be aware that if you haven't saved your finisher's certificates (right click to save to print PDF - thank you again Olegc!) you may want to do so soon. Looks like runDisney is now shutting down availability after a few months instead of a year as they did previously. Tinker Bell and all other 2016 runDisney races no longer have a link to the certs.

RunningFool