Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Season of the Force opens early

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    ...that report was SO negative, I stopped reading it and my opinion of the site overall dropped dramatically...
    It's really amazing to me how one person can go into a newly refreshed area like Tomorrowland and be blown away while another freaks out cuz everything sucks. Over the years it's been my observation that this "other site" is far more consistently negative than other sites. I don't want to read things written by brainwashed Disney worshippers, but on the other hand I don't need to hear from those who freak out at every chip of paint or every piece of trash on the ground. This guy started berating Disney over the timeline of Star Tours, and that's where I pretty much tuned out. It's the argument that the segments you see in Star Tours are from different times, and couldn't possibly be seen in one linear flight. And with the new clip there's a 70 year jump in there that makes the whole thing rubbish. And I couldn't care less about the timeline - I'm experiencing environments that up to now I've only been able to watch on a movie screen, and that is a load of fun!

I'm not a Disney Pollyanna - I believe that they should be called on the carpet when they do things wrong. But this doesn't seem to be one of those times.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I'm not a moderator but it seems like this thread is veering in the direction of discussing an article on another site, and that's not really allowed here. So, let's get back on topic, ok?

So, when's everyone else planning to come visit all the new Star Wars stuff in Tomorrowland?

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I visited but need to get back. KOST party was not long enough and Launch Bay was not open.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    So, when's everyone else planning to come visit all the new Star Wars stuff in Tomorrowland?
    I'll be there in a week and a half! Can't wait. I'm with you about not wanting to really see the movie props until after I see the new film. Not so much for spoilers, but they just make more sense after seeing the film. (Tomorrowland Movie Exhibit, case in point.) We saw some props at the D23 Expo...wonder if they are the same ones. My next planned trip after this one is for the Star Wars Half Marathon. I imagine the Season of the Force areas will be VERY crowded that weekend.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I won't get there until January, in the week leading up to the Star Wars races...I am really looking forward to seeing everything and riding Hyperspace Mountain in particular!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

It's gonna be a long time for me since I went just before it opened.

Blog Entries

Next week. I hope we have enough time to see it all. Otherwise, it will have to wait til the end of the month.

Planning 3 trips at once...

January 3-9!!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    I'm with you about not wanting to really see the movie props until after I see the new film. Not so much for spoilers, but they just make more sense after seeing the film.
    There weren't any that seemed the least bit spoiler-y to us. It's nothing you haven't already seen in the trailers (costumes, guns, vehicles). More than half were from the older films, too. We didn't see the props in the meet & greet lines, so I can't speak to those.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I actually waited 35 minutes last Monday only to be told at the register that it would be a 3 1/2 hour wait. At one point both CMs working the register left to go to Star Trader's and we all just stood there while the other CMs fiddled with the machines. A head's up at that point would have been nice. I went back the next night before the AP party and the line was longer. At that point I wasn't committed to staying very long at the party, so I opted not to try again. I'm planning to try again next week at opening to hopefully avoid a backup. I will be beyond annoyed if the one I want sells out before I can get back there again.
    Wow, crazy to hear about the long wait times. We had 2 people in front of us in line and the badges were etched in minutes (faster than we expected). The line built up behind us to maybe 20 people, but then when we passed by later there was no line. I bet when there's a long line it gets people curious about what's being sold, and when there's no line people don't realize there's something worthwhile there (and it's not well advertised).
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

End of April!! I can't wait.

I bought 3 name badges yesterday (Jedi Master for Simba and Padawan for the cubs) and was in and out in 3 minutes. I also took the almost-4 year old cub to see Chewbacca. She wanted to see him, but when we got inside she was a little overwhelmed by his size. He was wonderful with her and just held out his hand so she could see that he was soft and nice. I ended up with a couple great pictures including one of a big wookiee hug.

Also, Hyperspace Mountain is beginning to end completely awesome.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    I also took the almost-4 year old cub to see Chewbacca. She wanted to see him, but when we got inside she was a little overwhelmed by his size. He was wonderful with her and just held out his hand so she could see that he was soft and nice. I ended up with a couple great pictures including one of a big wookiee hug.
    Awww, how sweet! That's terrific!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

As of today (Sunday, 11/29), the AP badges are sold out. A CM said they expect more after the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    As of today (Sunday, 11/29), the AP badges are sold out. A CM said they expect more after the new year.
    Go figure. I have an AP, and I would never want to buy one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Janis and Aaron View Post
    Well, that was the one I wanted. Disney's not getting my money until next year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Go figure. I have an AP, and I would never want to buy one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    Well, that was the one I wanted. Disney's not getting my money until next year.
    Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I can see us getting one.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I can see us getting one.
    That's the design we got, not because it was an AP item, but because we liked the starfield background and it said "May the force be with you" at the bottom. (The Rebel and Empire designs don't have this wording.) That being said, the other 3 designs are really nice, and there is not a wrong choice in the bunch.

Professional Lurker

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "other" little surprise on Star Tours. The new Jakku scene wasn't the only new scene. There is now an alternate to one of the original last three destinations. Someone at my office mentioned they'd seen it and I thought they were crazy, but I saw it myself last weekend after about 10 tries...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyj View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "other" little surprise on Star Tours. The new Jakku scene wasn't the only new scene. There is now an alternate to one of the original last three destinations. Someone at my office mentioned they'd seen it and I thought they were crazy, but I saw it myself last weekend after about 10 tries...
    I mentioned it briefly in my (longish) review on page 1 of this thread. We've had 2 alternate versions on the Naboo ending and 1 alternate on the Coruscant ending. I'd love to know how frequently they come up, because they are really awesome.

4 Rides on ST this week.
    2 Different Vader starts.
    2 Storn Trooper starts (I think they were the same.)
    All 4 had Jakku followed by BB8 for the transmission.
    Twice we finished on Naboo, with 2 different trips.
    Twice we finished on Courescant (sp?), can't remember if they were different.

20 minute wait for Chewie midweek (Tues, Weds ? Its all a blur at the moment.)

Visa meet and Greet should be noted, they were announcing to the line that ONLY visa card holders and NOT debit cards were valid for the meet and greet. Again, it was about 20 minutes.

Boba Fett showed up in the Cantina.

The new Jedi Training.... we watched it twice, on the 9th and 10th, with 2 different casts. The story was OK. In some ways better, in others we liked the original. Vader and the Seventh Sister the Padawans fight and Darth Maul makes an appearance. Both casts were still stiff with their lines. In general, we liked the first cast better. The first Seventh sister was better, smoother with her lighsaber handling. The secondary character was played by a girl the first night and a guy the second. B and I liked him better, she came off as whiney, N liked her better. They do have them sign up in the morning and assemble at the exit to launch bay, the kid wranglers then lead them across for the show, ready to go.

I am SO looking forward to seeing all of this next month!

Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I am SO looking forward to seeing all of this next month!
    We never used the regular meet and greet, the line was huge each time we looked. We only used the SW one once (2 pictures). I wouldn't have even have seen it except I had asked the CM at the bottom of the ramp about getting in line early, or waiting and it would die down. It is in the room with the older vehicle displays, before you get to the Cantina.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We never used the regular meet and greet, the line was huge each time we looked. We only used the SW one once (2 pictures). I wouldn't have even have seen it except I had asked the CM at the bottom of the ramp about getting in line early, or waiting and it would die down. It is in the room with the older vehicle displays, before you get to the Cantina.
    Thanks for the tip! Did you still do the regular meet & greet over at DCA as well?
    Pam

Thanks for the tip! Did you still do the regular meet & greet over at DCA as well?
    That is the one I meant, when I said the line was always Huge. Sorry, it wasn't clear. We tried a few times and the line was stretched to the Monster's Inc car, or out into the stage area for Mad Tea Party (where the dancers are, it used to be elevated, but is now just street level).