Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Boatwright's Dining Hall, a Hidden Gem at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Boatwright's Dining Hall, a Hidden Gem at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort

Boatwright's Dining Hall, a Hidden Gem at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort by Donna Fesel

In this article, Donna visits this restaurant serving Southern favorites for the very first time.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a big serving of fried seafood for an appetizer!

I'm bummed (when I stay at POR/POFQ) that they stopped the breakfast there (they had their version of Tonga Toast that was pretty tasty!). But they do use it for overflow seating in the morning for the food court.

And many wouldn't consider it a trip to POR without a visit to the lounge and enjoying the entertainment there!

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Boatwrights was my very first meal at WDW. It made an extremely good impression on me. (I gotta go back there soon...)
    Like Drince, I also recall when they had breakfast there. It was very good and was bummed when they stopped offering it.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Two of my favorite dishes in WDW are at Boatwright's.

The Jambalaya is excellent.

The Bananas Foster Angel Food Cake is one of my favorite desserts just about anywhere, not just at WDW!

And GusMan...good topic...first meals at WDW! I'm pretty sure ours was breakfast with Pooh and friends at the Crystal Palace. Our first dinner was probably Shutters at Caribbean Beach, but the very first sit down meal of any kind was that first morning with Pooh. We arrived late on a Sunday night. Very late. Major delays. Monday morning , straight back to Fantasyland rode Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World and then breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace! Remember it like it was yesterday and it certainly wasn't.

Should we ever return to WDW, we may give this place another try. We did in 2002 on our Honeymoon and weren't entirely impressed. The wait was forever long (middle of June) and the food seemed ordinary. Sounds like things have improved.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015