Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: RCI for DVC

RCI for DVC

We are planning to head to Disney in late January 2017. I just set up a search with RCI for a 2 bedroom at any DVC resort. We have 38 trading power. Anyone have any idea the likelihood of us getting lucky and when we can anticipate things coming available? Thanks!

2. # ADS

10 months out at the earliest. I've done it but I haven't seen any 2 bedrooms in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    10 months out at the earliest. I've done it but I haven't seen any 2 bedrooms in awhile.
    Do you monitor RCI pretty regularly? Just a month ago I called about setting up a search and they said it was too bad we couldn't go in January 2016 because they had availability at Saratoga Springs. The RCI people all tell me something different though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lrf317 View Post
    Do you monitor RCI pretty regularly? Just a month ago I called about setting up a search and they said it was too bad we couldn't go in January 2016 because they had availability at Saratoga Springs. The RCI people all tell me something different though.
    I look periodically.

We look weekly and haven't seen a 2 bedroom in over a year. Good luck, and don't rely on RCI for the search. You will have more luck doing it yourself. Just keep searching on the site. We have stayed and gotten 2 bedrooms multiple times before, but they go super fast. We have checked up to 3x per day.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    We look weekly and haven't seen a 2 bedroom in over a year. Good luck, and don't rely on RCI for the search. You will have more luck doing it yourself. Just keep searching on the site. We have stayed and gotten 2 bedrooms multiple times before, but they go super fast. We have checked up to 3x per day.
    What's the typical trading power required for a two bedroom if one magically appears?

What's the typical trading power required for a two bedroom if one magically appears?
    I'm not sure. We were lucky enough to get a 2 br at BCV for 2 weeks in a row in September 2011

I have paid as little as 27 and as much as 52. Just depends on the time of year and which resort. You should pay less in January as compared to summer or the holiday season.
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

I just put in my massive ongoing search while it's still free to do so. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but even with just one we will be able to save enough to do the second week in a regular room. Looking for end of May-June 2016, October 2016-February 2017, or late May-June 2017 in a 2 bedroom. Wish me luck!!

Hi- Hopefully someone can answer my question. I was able to snag a Saratoga Springs stay using Wyndham points deposited into RCI. Upon receiving my confirmation email from RCI, I noticed it had a unit listed: 14S. Does anyone know what this means? I thought I was getting a 'studio' unit but the letter says "1 bedroom and a full kitchen". Absolutely delighted if this really is a one bedroom unit with separate living room and a kitchen!! So, can any RCI members help me decipher what "14S" means please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I just put in my massive ongoing search while it's still free to do so. I'm hoping for 2 weeks but even with just one we will be able to save enough to do the second week in a regular room. Looking for end of May-June 2016, October 2016-February 2017, or late May-June 2017 in a 2 bedroom. Wish me luck!!
    For 2013, in July I was able to book in to Old Key West for November. I kept looking for months for a DVC, my friend had already reserved a timeshare offsite using but we both agreed I would keep trying for DVC. When I saw OKW show up I booked it immediately.

This year back in Sept, I think, I was able to book Saratoga Springs for this coming January (one month to go) woo Hoo
    Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

Quote Originally Posted by PhiSigDuchessCV View Post
    For 2013, in July I was able to book in to Old Key West for November. I kept looking for months for a DVC, my friend had already reserved a timeshare offsite using but we both agreed I would keep trying for DVC. When I saw OKW show up I booked it immediately.

This year back in Sept, I think, I was able to book Saratoga Springs for this coming January (one month to go) woo Hoo
    We got 2 weeks in September 2011 in a 2 bedroom. Originally had 1 week at BCV and 1 at OKW, but a few months later the second week became available at BCV and I was able to switch my reservation