Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Soarin to Close

Soarin to Close

I just read on disneydining.com that Soarin will be closing on January 4, 2016 and will not reopen until late summer (no date given).

While this makes me sad, I am excited for the changes coming.

Here is the link: http://www.disneydining.com/soarin-to-close-much-of-2016/

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    I just read on disneydining.com that Soarin will be closing on January 4, 2016 and will not reopen until late summer (no date given).

While this makes me sad, I am excited for the changes coming.

Here is the link: http://www.disneydining.com/soarin-t...-much-of-2016/
    Understand the closure, but still exciting! Looks like our December trip will be the last for Osbourne Family Lights and Sorin over California.
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Soarin to Close

Great call for once by Disney. A new film will be fab, hopefully the dots on the screen will be gone and three ride vehicles can only be an improvement. Better would be to have multiple films so you get a bit of a surprise. I think it's a bit short sighted not to do that really. Disney should learn to invest in longevity. Much as I love the place they have become greedy in the last few years and at risk is losing what makes them special. It's a fine line they tread, particularly with loyal repeat visitors and they need to regain some respect for that IMHO.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Maybe they can take a page from Star Tours, and have a bunch of scenes that can be randomly ordered each time.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yedliw View Post
    Maybe they can take a page from Star Tours, and have a bunch of scenes that can be randomly ordered each time.
    That wouldn't work because Soarin' has a cohesive soundtrack.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

It would work fine if you designed the soundtrack to go with each segment.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    ...hopefully the dots on the screen will be gone...
    After seeing Soarin' Over California last weekend at DCA, I can say that the picture was MUCH clearer than what I have seen over the past several years at Epcot. Sound was even a bit better. It was pretty amazing.

So yes... some well needed updates and maintenance will be welcomed, even if it means a lengthy refurb.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It would work fine if you designed the soundtrack to go with each segment.
    Then the music would be all choppy and not like the gorgeous score that Jerry Goldsmith wrote. I've been wondering who they're going to get to score the new film since he's not around. Big shoes to fill.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

As much as I love the current score, I think it could still be done. Perhaps we'll find out some day, or perhaps we'll never know . . . . .

- James Taylor

It would all depend on how they transition from one segment to the next..

but.. with lines as long as they are, and have been.. re-ridability doesn't seem to be a problem..

I agree.

- James Taylor

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Go for it, Disney. Spend the time to do it right because if you mess it up, you're going to have a lot of frenzied fans freaking out (like the alliteration?)

Working hard for that next WDW trip!