Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: WDW questions [upgrades]

WDW Questions

Room upgrade, How To?

I have a water view room reserved at the Beach Club for Dec. 20-25. I read about people getting their rooms upgraded when they check in. I've also read the faxing instructions and they don't say anything about how to get bumped up into empty suites, etc. I am not savy on how to ask if that is available. Is there something I need to know, outside of common sense asking.

Host/Hostess Tipping

Does tipping at the front, giving the Host/Hostess a $10 or $20 help get you a better table--say for watching the fireworks from the California Grill?

I guess that's why they call me 'Stinky' Pete.

2. # ADS

still romantic at heart

How do you get an upgrade?

ask.

when you arrive just ask the hostess about the chances of getting a room upgrade.

Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.

I've often had the same question as hazlenut...is it really as simple as asking?

Originally posted by efoxx
    How do you get an upgrade?

ask.

when you arrive just ask the hostess about the chances of getting a room upgrade.
    what I'm getting at-- a Jr. Suite is about $1000 more for 5 nights. How does position oneself to be bumped into a suite without asking?

does 'upgrade' = free
    I guess that's why they call me 'Stinky' Pete.

still romantic at heart
    Originally posted by hazlnut
    what I'm getting at-- a Jr. Suite is about $1000 more for 5 nights. How does position oneself to be bumped into a suite without asking?

does 'upgrade' = free
    not unless they have a very good reason to bump you up. like some kind of major goof up. if you requested a non smoking room and all they had was smoking, and you made the case that somebody in your party has severe asma problems.

but they will hardly ever upgrade without asking, unless you are famous. and when you do they may agree for an upgrade in price. this can be from what the off the rack price difference would be, or it can be just for a few dollars a night.

its kind of how the rental car system works. they will book you for a compact car sometimes even if they have none available. when you show up they will first try and sell you the upgrade, but if you don't bite then they give you the upgrade for free. but only because what you booked is not available. so when you arrive ask questions about your room. if it is not how you booked it, then talk it over with the host. if necc ask for a lead, and talk it over with them. but don't count on it, and getting mad won't help.
    Grateful for all God has done for me, and for having Wfoxx by my side.