Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Paris- Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disneyland Paris- Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York

I'm currently planning a trip for myself and three girlfriends to DLP and I need help with accommodation recommendations. We are looking at the Disneyland Hotel and Hotel New York.

Two of us are pretty particular about our accommodations, admittedly. I've read the the DLH Paris is tired and in need of renovation. But, it's SO close to the park. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who's been to and stayed at either or both properties. We'll likely be there 5-6 days with 3-4 park days and a day or two in Paris.

This is a first time trip for all of us so we are complete novices!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

2. # ADS

When do you go or have you been already? I'm saying at the DLH Paris for 6 days at the end of the month so can report back if you're still planning.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    When do you go or have you been already? I'm saying at the DLH Paris for 6 days at the end of the month so can report back if you're still planning.
    September! Thanks!

No problem I'll take photos. We are staying in a terrace room and will be eating at a few of the restaurants. Mainly buffets though as I am taking fussy eater daughter and vegetarian and also fussy grandma. The French don't really understand vegetarianism so I've had to play it safe! Have you checked the ride closures for September? There are tonnes when we are there as they are getting ready for the 25 year celebration. Bit of a pain but I hadn't researched properly before I booked. FP system is old school but you get a free one each staying at DL Hotel. I am a hotel snob I'm afraid so that's why we chose it. Will report back.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Blog Entries

Thank you! We are booked at DLH so it's now a matter of curiosity.
    I haven't checked, we'll be their for the race.

I haven't actually stayed in the DLH, but you're right, it's right there, like GCH and DCA. We stayed in Paris and did a day trip out to DLP so we only poked around the hotel a bit. If you're staying at DLP even on your Paris days it's a pretty quick and easy train ride to the city and the station is very close to the DLH too.

~Annie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anniedg View Post
    I haven't actually stayed in the DLH, but you're right, it's right there, like GCH and DCA. We stayed in Paris and did a day trip out to DLP so we only poked around the hotel a bit. If you're staying at DLP even on your Paris days it's a pretty quick and easy train ride to the city and the station is very close to the DLH too.
    That's great to know! We plan on venturing in to the city by train.

Fairest. Some DL Paris Hotel photos to follow. Front of the hotel.

Attached Images Attached Images

Park refurbishment spoiling the view of the back of the hotel

Bedroom

Bathroom

Loo

View from our terrace room. Those are the exit gates of Disneyland Park so we couldn't have got a closer room!!

Breakfast 1

Breakfast 2

Inside the Disneyland Hotel

Trying again to post images of inside the hotel.

Sorry it's not letting me post those last pics?

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    That's great to know! We plan on venturing in to the city by train.
    I just posted this in a different thread:

We just got back from 4 nights at Disneyland Paris, and we took full advantage of the Paris weekly train pass. It's only 21.25 Euro for the week (Monday through Sunday only) plus 5 Euro for the pass itself. Considering it's nearly 8 Euro for a one-way ticket to Disneyland Paris, this was a great deal for us as we made two round-trips from Paris plus a trip to CDG airport. You do need a photo to add to the pass, but you can print it from home before you leave. If your trip is all in a single week, I would highly recommend the pass. This is where I learned about this pass:

http://parisbytrain.com/paris-train-...go-decouverte/

Trying one last time to post my other photos of inside the Disneyland Hotel Paris.

Blog Entries

Thank you for these! I'm getting very excited!