Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

The Disney Parks Blog sent out a teaser about the new ride opening at Luigi's. It's apparently going to be called Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...20150727191433

2. # ADS

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

I saw this on Facebook today. It looks even more like it will be like Cars Quatre Roues Rallye from Paris which is so similar to Mater. Is there no imagination in the Imagineering department?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I saw this on Facebook today. It looks even more like it will be like Cars Quatre Roues Rallye from Paris which is so similar to Mater. Is there no imagination in the Imagineering department?
    for some reason I recall one note on web interview by imagineering (or was it management) that said it was going to be a trackless GPS system. So - if true - that takes away any link to the mechanics of Mater's or of Rous Rallye. The cars may look like the French version but I wonder. I can't recall where I read it so I don't have full confidence.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Yes it was supposed to be trackless, hope it still is. I read some of the comments on the blog this morning and the Blogger responded to someone who said it was too like Mater's. She said it would be different.

At least the awful "Luigi's Festival of the Dance" name is gone. I'll reserve judgment on the ride until I get to experience it (hopefully next year).

I thought it sounded a little like Mater's too. But, there are also so many ways you can make a ride with cars shaped vehicles without out them at least looking alike when sitting still side by side.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Trackless! Thoughts of Tokyo Disneyland Pooh ride! Or their Aquatopia ride that skimmed trackless over water.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

The downside?
    •That's "strike two" for Tomorrowland Space Saucers as a successful ride.
    No more "lean and go" rides in a circular vehicle.

Q. Was there really a lack of up-time for the ride, or was there complaints?
    Why the quick come-and-go?

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

Consider that Luigi's had the advantage of new technology versus the old saucers bigger footprint. I still think both rides suffered from the
    extra level of knowledge to operate them. Luigi's certainly had a low riders per hour average and that solo riders had to work a bit harder to move about. (I can attest to that myself)

Quote Originally Posted by potzbie View Post
    The downside?
    •That's "strike two" for Tomorrowland Space Saucers as a successful ride.
    No more "lean and go" rides in a circular vehicle.

Q. Was there really a lack of up-time for the ride, or was there complaints?
    Why the quick come-and-go?
    Supposedly there were a lot of minor injuries. Apparently people can't listen to CM or read signs telling them how to step in and out of the ride. I think the ride had a following, but was generally not as "fun" as the other two Carsland rides. Not fun, pls down time, plus slow loading, plus injuries, plus...well it's not too surprising they've ditched the ride. I rode it twice and thought it was fine both time, though the second time was in the rain and was a very different experience.

I rode it twice. The first time I was alone, didn't know anyone, and it was a little awkward to bump around into strangers who only seem to want to play bumper cars with their family. The second time the ride was less than half full and we were dodging empty tires. Neither time was particularly fun. The best part was the queue.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will miss the tires. I loved it. Mainly because my big butt and body could influence the direction of the tire ;-). My family and I when we rode would always have fun. But it was definitely a one-time-per-visit and if its gone we're not going to cry. I still am on the fence about the replacement.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Never got to ride it but sounds like I didn't miss much

I enjoyed the old ride much more when I rode it by myself. Seemed like I had a lot more control over the ride than with others.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I enjoyed the old ride much more when I rode it by myself. Seemed like I had a lot more control over the ride than with others.
    Yeah I found it tough to get everybody in my tire to lean the same way. We would just end up bouncing around aimlessly..

I never rode with anyone else - just by myself. And while I had no trouble directing the vehicle myself, I could see where it would be tough with 2 or 3.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I loved the tires I could get that tire over to one side of the floor and then get it going crazy fast across to the opposite end, it was a blast. Especially with the beach balls, though with the beach balls it always seemed liked the ride was over too soon.... I will miss it. But since i don't have passes anymore and never get to go, its just the same for me as if it was still there

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::