MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Tinker Bell Half Marathon presented by PANDORA Jewelry

Sunday, May 8, 2016
    Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
    Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort

Pixie Dust Challenge presented by PANDORA Jewelry

Saturday, May 7, 2016 Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
    Sunday, May 8, 2016 Start Time: 5:30 a.m.

Tinker Bell 10K presented by PANDORA Jewelry

Saturday, May 7, 2016
    Start Time: 5:30 a.m.

Never Land 5K presented by PANDORA Jewelry

Friday, May 6, 2016
    Start Time: 5:00 a.m.

runDisney Kids Races

Saturday, May 7, 2016

runDisney Health & Fitness Expo

Thursday, May 5, 2016
    Friday, May 6, 2016
    Saturday, May 7, 2016

Registration for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend presented by PANDORA Jewelry will open August 11, 2015 at Noon EST.

Select early registration opportunities are available two weeks prior to official registration opening date for each race weekend.

Entry Fees and Deadlines

Tinker Bell Half Marathon presented by PANDORA Jewelry

• $199 by August 25, 2015
    • $215 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
    • $230 on or after September 9, 2015

Pixie Dust Challenge presented by PANDORA Jewelry

• $330 by August 25, 2015
    • $355 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
    • $380 on or after September 9, 2015

Tinker Bell 10K presented by PANDORA Jewelry

• $110 by August 25, 2015
    • $125 between August 26 and September 8, 2015
    • $140 on or after September 9, 2015

Never Land 5K presented by PANDORA Jewelry

• $75 per participant by September 8, 2015
    • $85 per participant on or after September 9, 2015

runDisney Kids Races

• $20 per participant by September 8, 2015
    • $25 per participant on or after September 9, 2015
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

I'm in for the 5K. Woo Hoo. This is the first time when I've done the AP registration that it took me to Active.com to register for the runDisney races. I didn't even get an option to print out a copy of my registration.

Also, was anyone else having issues with being on the DL AP site and clicking the info for early registration where it took you to runDisney AP page where when you clicked the link for DL AP it took you back to the AP News page and back in to a loop of doing that over and over

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Doc and I are in for the Half. The other night we talked about how we're seriously burned out on rD events. This will be our last for a while. We'll probably do one a year with Team Muscle Makers but we're seriously cutting back after this.

The only problem with the AP site I had was that sometimes the link to the runDisney page would say "Sorry!" and sometimes it would work.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Whoo hoo Tink race #5 for me! Perfect Pixie? Perfect Tink? What are we calling ourselves?
    I am in for the Pixie Dust challenge. I didn't do the inaugural challenge this year for Tink and kind of regretted it, so I thought it would be cool to do it in 2016 since it is the 5th year and maybe will get a new medal design for the 1/2 . No weirdness for me registering, the normal stuff of: refresh, dead link, refresh, dead link, refresh aha live link,...go!

I'm in for the challenge!

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

I'm in for the 5K and the challenge.

My only sign up weirdness was I was most of the way through signup for the challenge and the whole thing went *poof* and took me back to the start. I don't know if it was the site or if I clicked the wrong thing but I had a moment of panic. The second time went through just fine.

MA Master

I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge! I too had the never ending circle of no links, only to finally get it and then the dreaded ON HOLD. After a couple more clicks, it opened up. Training is a piece of cake compared to signing up!

I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Signed up for the 10K. That's likely all I'll be doing for the Tink races from now on.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Half for me, provided registration goes as planned on August 11.

I'm in for my first 5K! So excited! Ever since I heard about it last year I've been waiting for it to open. Tink is my favorite character which will make it even more fun. I want that Tink medal so I'll work up to the 10K then (maybe) the 1/2. Squee!

So, is it possible to sign up for 5K AND 10K if you want to?

I had no problems getting in. Possibly because I was ON THAT BUTTON as soon as 9am hit.

Quote Originally Posted by robynd View Post
    I'm in for my first 5K! So excited! Ever since I heard about it last year I've been waiting for it to open. Tink is my favorite character which will make it even more fun. I want that Tink medal so I'll work up to the 10K then (maybe) the 1/2. Squee!

So, is it possible to sign up for 5K AND 10K if you want to?

I had no problems getting in. Possibly because I was ON THAT BUTTON as soon as 9am hit.
    Fantastic! You can sign up for the 5K and 10K, or any other combination of the races for the weekend. You have to sign up for the Pixie Dust Challenge to get the extra third medal when completing the 10K and half marathon together.

I'm in for the 1/2 to keep my perfect pixie status and also doing the 5K with the family.

Registration was almost too easy this morning, I wonder why?

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, as of 12:45 p. m. PST on Tuesday July 28th:

The Tinker Bell Half Marathon, Tinker Bell 10k and Never Land 5k are all still open for early AP registration. Only the Pixie Dust Challenge and kids races are sold out. Very odd given this is the 5th anniversary half marathon event.

Going to be very interesting to see if open registration follows the same path as early AP or if this is just an odd fluke.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

I noticed it being much calmer too. I completely forgot about it this morning until about 30 minutes in and I was thinking "oh there's no way now", only to discover registration was still open for everything. It was kind of nice for once haha.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Not odd, to me. I know there are people who love having it on Mother's Day weekend. I still contend that it's not a good weekend to have this event. I also think that they're starting to reach the point where they have too many events at too high of a price point to keep people *as* interested. The law of supply and demand. The supply of $200 races is reaching or approaching the limits of the demand. IMO.

I have a lot of friends who have been doing rD events for a long time who are cutting way back in 2016. Way back. I'm not a fan of anecdotal stats but I think it's a developing trend. I think they hit their climax.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Not odd, to me. I know there are people who love having it on Mother's Day weekend. I still contend that it's not a good weekend to have this event. I also think that they're starting to reach the point where they have too many events at too high of a price point to keep people *as* interested. The law of supply and demand. The supply of $200 races is reaching or approaching the limits of the demand. IMO.

I have a lot of friends who have been doing rD events for a long time who are cutting way back in 2016. Way back. I'm not a fan of anecdotal stats but I think it's a developing trend. I think they hit their climax.
    Totally agree. One other thought - the impact of Disneyland Paris Half Marathon. There are a lot of folks saving up for September.
    RunningFool

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in with TMM for the 5k and Half.

I don't love or hate that the race is on Mother's Day. It's my day and if this is what I want to do my family will support that. ANYHOW, I don't get the feeling that they'll leave it here. And, if they do, we will likely not continue to run this as a TMM event. Hannabelle and I will decide if we want to continue with our legacy, but start just enjoying Mother's Day weekend at the DLR and not have to do four days of team organization and work.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Totally agree. One other thought - the impact of Disneyland Paris Half Marathon. There are a lot of folks saving up for September.
    Is it out of control that that's the exact reason I'm running Tink next year?

I want my Chateau to Castle medal, and I usually run the DL Half, but that's just a couple weeks before Paris, so I'm going to get my Cali race done a few months earlier. Every year I keep promising "next year I'll slow down, we won't do as many runDisney races!" but here I am haha.

I'm "cutting down" next year as well, moving down to 2 weekends instead of 3. They're just very expensive, especially the challenges, now that I'm a graduate student it's harder to justify that price more than that There are MUCH cheaper races elsewhere that are just as exciting.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Going to be very interesting to see if open registration follows the same path as early AP or if this is just an odd fluke.
    Sorry, I came up with another comment: Avengers Half Marathon is still open. Still not sold out.

I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge and my 13-yr old DD will run the 10K with me! We'll both be running with Team Muscle Makers for UCMD. Perfect Mother's Day for me! (In no way meant to be a dig at Adrienne.)

Despite it being on Mothers Day weekend, I think I'm going to register for the Half. I skipped it this year, happily, and stayed home with the kids instead. For 2016 I still can't take them with me due to school and our passes being blocked. But I think I'll make it a very quick solo trip. DH is being supportive of it and he says they can live without me for a weekend. I know I'll feel bad not seeing them on Mothers day but if I fly back in the evening that still counts, right? I'm missing out on Avengers this year because DD is in a musical that weekend. So I'm allowed to make up for that, right?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge and my 13-yr old DD will run the 10K with me! We'll both be running with Team Muscle Makers for UCMD. Perfect Mother's Day for me! (In no way meant to be a dig at Adrienne.)
    No dig taken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Sorry, I came up with another comment: Avengers Half Marathon is still open. Still not sold out.
    True dat. And Star Wars Half Marathon is sold out. Will it be 2 out of 4 sell-outs perhaps?
    RunningFool